33. I won't run

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I walked into the school with a heavy beating hard. Seokhoon is walking ahead of me. I look around me just incase my mom suddenly appears from a corner. She has her ways.

"Why didn't you get home yesterday? I was worried"

Seokkyeong walks over to us and looks at her brother with glaring eyes.

"I stayed with Dami"

I glance at the boy and pinch him in his arm.

"With Dami? At her house? Why?"

"It's nothing like that" I glared at him before looking at Seokkyeong. "He fell asleep on the chair because I didn't want to sleep alone"

"Sleep al- You didn't sleep at home?"

I shake my head. "My mom was the only one home and I didn't want to be alone with her. I slept at a cheep motel not so far from here"

"You told him but not me.." I could hear her whisper.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she grabs my hand. "I could've stayed with you"

"You really would've slept at a place with more insects than people?"

"Yes, for you" she sighed. "How long will you stay there?"

"I don't know" I mumble. 

"You should come by our house after school" 

"I can't"

"Why?"

"If your dad sees me he'll tell my parents who will come and drag me out"

"We'll hide you from our dad. He won't see you" she says quickly. "You think I'll let you sleep in a motel again?"

"I'll come by in the evening" I smile. "I need to take care of something first"

"What are you kids still doing here!" a loud voice filled the hallway.

Mr Ma paced over to us in high speed. We quickly scatter and ran to our classroom. 

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I'm laying on the bed, looking outside. The view from the hotel is so pretty. I'm looking directly over the Han River. I can see people sitting there, having a picnic or studying with friends. I wish that could be me right now.

"Did I read the text right?" Logan enters the room. "You told your parents?"

"I couldn't keep it to myself anymore" I say. "They piss me off"

"Dami" he sits down besides me. "They'll do anything now to keep you from finding your real parents. They'll have someone tailing you in no time"

"I'll be careful like I always am" I tell him. "I will find them, no matter what"

Logan sighs. "How will you do that? You fired the last investigator"

"I'll find a way" I whisper. "I just need to think"

The man gets up and starts to pace around the room. "Ah. Do you remember Na Aegyo?"

I frown. "Seokkyeong's real mom?"

"Yunhee put a recorder on her phone" Logan puts his hands in his pockets. "Soon we'll find out why she suddenly came back here. Maybe we'll find out what actually happened to Suryeon"

I get up. "That's dangerous. She's connected to Mr Joo"

"Has that stopped us from doing anything we've done before?" he walks over to me. "You need to ask the twin's if they know about Na Aegyo"