40. The bracelet

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"Dami, wake up"

"Wake up"

I open my eyes. I look around me. Seokhoon is standing in front of me. He let's out a relieved sigh and plops down on my bed. I raise up and look at him with big eyes.

"How did you come in?" I ask him.

"Your dad left me in before he left"

"Left? Were to?"

"I don't know. He didn't want to let me in first, but I told him I would help you study once you woke up"

"Study? For what"

"The csat"

"Oh..right"

"You haven't come to school since the incident so I got worried" 

"What incident?" I ask him.

"You don't remember?" 

"Remember what"

"You fainted in school"

"I fainted?"

He frowns. "You really..don't remember?"

"Last thing I remember is sitting at the doctor. She was checking my ear to see if I had any damages because of the accident"

"Dami..that happened 5 days ago" he places his hand on my forehead. "Wow. You have a fever"

"Fever? Five days? The entrance exam is in two days? I need to go get.." I try to get up, but my legs feel like pudding. I plop back down.

"You really don't remember anything from the past five days?" Seokhoon his eyes widen. "You don't remember coming to our house? Preparing with Seokkyeong?"

"What are you saying? I've been in my room all this time"

I can see his facial expression change from confused to worried.

"My head feels like it's about to explode" I groan.

"Have you been taking these?" Seokhoon takes a bottle off of my night stand. "I read that it's for panic disorders"

I take the bottle out of his hand. "Yeah. I got those prescribed"

"Because of Logan?" the boy shakes his head. "Mom told me that you got close to him after he took Lucas to the airport. You must feel upset"

"I really can't talk about my feelings with you right now" I take one capsule out of the medicine bottle, swallow it with some water and lay back down in my bed. "Can you read me your notes while I close my eyes?"

"Sure"

He starts to read to me. He has a nice flowing voice. It makes me remember every single detail he mentions.

I fell asleep again. This time for 8 hours. As I get up, I frighten. My eyes fall on Seokhoon who's asleep on the couch besides my bed. He still has his notebook in his hands. I take my phone off of my nightstand to take a picture, until I notice a text from Ms Sim.

Ms Sim

I haven't seen you in a while. Can you get to the garage? Joo Dantae is back and I need your help.

I drop my phone.

Mr Joo..is back?

She send the message a few minutes ago. My head is still hurting like hell, but I push through it. I quietly leave my room so Seokhoon doesn't wake up. I put on my silk robe and step out of my apartment.