Chapter 8

2 months.

It had been 2 months since that mission in the woods.

Within those 2 months a lot had happened.

From doing regular law enforcement work, to regular school work, and their normal nighttime job.

It was going great!

However, after that mission in the mountains, someone leaked combat footage of another Section Zero unit in Russia. Despite the organization policing the footage and the people involved, the Council of Nations, a council consisting of every world leader or their representative, had finally decided to reveal Section Zero to the world.

The Director had tried countless times to convince the council to not do it, but they wouldn't budge.

Seeing that, the Director had given them a script to read that basically said Section Zero was a new global Law Enforcement organization that would operate everywhere. Just so they could continue to do their job as normal.

But the council decided to also reveal the existence of monsters, aliens and the like, resulting in Section Zero starting up the Daybreak Protocol.

The Director initially wanted to activate Daybreak Protocol-03, which would quite literally turn back time to a point where Section Zero would still be a secret organization.

However it seems the council locked the Director out of that option. So while he had his people hack into it, he started up Daybreak Protocol-02, which would call for all Section Zero personnel to enter a temporal ark, while HQ would set a timer on the prison cells and destroy all information on how to contain the anomalies and also destroy the technology on equipment needed for said containment.

Daybreak Protocol-02 was supposed to be a punishment for humanity. Humanity would destroy itself, while Section Zero would go back to the past or another dimension and set up shop once more

Before they enacted that, though, humanity seemed to welcome Section Zero. At least, a majority of humanity did.

They had gotten many calls as soon as the council released a way to contact Section Zero.

Most of the calls were from people who needed actual assistance because they were facing something the organization could fight.

This surprised the organization, and resulted in them canceling Daybreak Protocol-02.

The council themselves decided to enact Daybreak Protocol-01, which would basically replace the governments, police forces and militaries of the world with Section Zero.

These were ancient protocols, dating all the way back to, and even predating, the time of King Arthur. They were also ironclad, meaning nothing would be able to change them.

The shift in governments didn't go smoothly at first, many in government positions were hesitant to give up their positions, but were forced out by Section Zero Enforcers.

Speaking of the Enforcers. Section Zero absorbed the militaries and police forces, and cleaned house.

Now only a small number of the original members remained, the rest were from Section Zero.

They even replaced the equipment used by these forces with ones made by Section Zero.

Agents would change their uniforms for something more in line with regular police officers and would take over the positions of detectives.