☁️ [ Reedling x Reader ]

I'm back...

___
Y/N=Your Name

Characters
Reader; Non-binary / They/Them pronouns
Dandidoo; Female / She/Her pronouns
Reedling; Male / He/They pronouns
[Y/N will have a tail because why not :3]

___

From what you've known, Water Island was actually a soothing island. All the monsters had wonderful noises and whatnot from what you've acknowledged. You were one of the new monsters there so you didn't expect any attention from another monster or two.
_______
You placed yourself down on a medium-sized rock as you proceeded to chat with Dandidoo. Dandidoo was actually one of the nice ones and an old friend of yours, she has always cared for you and her husband, Spunge! She's a very wonderful friend. " Are you friends with Reedling by any chance? I've heard he's really sweet. " Dandidoo asked, darting her head towards you as you looked left and right around the island, trying to figure out which one was Reedling. " R...Reedling? Who's that? " You asked, staring back at Dandidoo. " Reedling? He's the one with the flutes on his back. " Dandidoo replied, staring at Reedling and grinned. You watched Reedling from a distance, you could hear his flute imitation from miles away, but of course, you had to admit it was a nice sound to hear, a really soothing sound coming from just one monster. You proceeded to glance at Reedling, he was awfully attractive from such a distance as you began to lie down and rest your head on your paws/hands to cover up your light blush. " Oh, right. I'm not his friend but he seems adorable. " You spoke as your words came out slightly muffled. Dandidoo just nodded in response and agreement. " You should be his friend! He's really sweet! " Dandidoo suggested, twitching her dandelion-like tail. You tail waved and brushed through the coral the was next to the rock you lied on and you gulped, your stomach feeling empty and you felt nervous. " I'm scared...I'm scared to make new friends. " You murmured, snatching your tail and placed it over your face, covering it. Dandidoo sighed, walking towards you and moved your tail away from your face. " Just try! Please? " Dandidoo pleaded as you sighed. " I'll try...? " You whispered, picking yourself up and dusted off your fur/feathers/scales and leaped off the rock, walking over to Reedling. " H...Hello! " You exclaimed as Reedling messed up a note with its flutes attached to its back. It seemed clueless and...stupid, he began to sniff you and tilt his head. " H...H...Hello! " Reedling spoke, looking delighted and twitched their tail. " I'm...Y/N...I've heard a lot about you... " You said, smiling awkwardly at your own sentence. " Y...Y/N! " Reedling exclaimed, wagging its short, fluffy tail. You've began to acknowledge it and it seems he only repeats words from other monsters, I guess Reedlings are clueless. You began to pet Reedling's head as he began to sniff your arm and then lick it, was this his way of showing love and affection? You sat down next to Reedling and the Reedling rushed towards you, placing himself down on your lap and cuddled you, merely shutting his eyes and began to snore softly, his tail twitching in the process. You ran your hand/paw through his fur and rubbed his back, he thumped his leg in the process as you did so, it seemed that he enjoyed it. He moved himself closer to you and cuddled your chest as you blushed lightly, grinning as you proceeded to rub Reedling's back. I guess this friendship would work out just fine.

[Sorry that this is short! Please forgive me if I've made any mistakes such as spelling errors or whatnot!]