iii. ( hope )

[003]  hope❛ AFTERGLOW ❜

[003] hope
❛ AFTERGLOW ❜

BEATRICE COULD HEAR the booming of the Capitol citizen's cheering as she entered to where the chariots were

BEATRICE COULD HEAR the booming of the Capitol citizen's cheering as she entered to where the chariots were. She wore a long dress covered in one of District Nine's most abundant flowers, lilies. There was a slit rubbing up her left thigh and a corset pattern on the bodice. A similar flower crown was placed on her head and her natural curls fell down her back.

The only bad part about the stunning dress was the fact that it pushed her breasts up so much. Beatrice felt that if she made one wrong move she would be exposed to everyone in the country.

Little to no people were in the room when she entered, so she decided to go and pet her horse. She wondered if it was the same one from her first games, but she doubts it. The Capitol kills anything that has no use to them anymore.

"Well don't you look cute, angel." Beatrice heard a seductive voice say behind her. She immediately knew who it was and turned around with a huge smile. Finnick Odair. As soon as Beatrice saw his costume she burst out laughing.

"Oh, fish face, your outfit is just amazing. I approve." Beatrice said back to him sarcastically. He just chuckled and pulled her into a hug. She had missed him a lot. They hadn't seen each other in four months. She would often go to District Four to visit him when neither of them were spending time in the Capitol. Beatrice loved the ocean and the company of Finnick. He was like the brother she never had, protecting her when no one else bothered to.

"I'm sorry you're here." Finnick whispered in Beatrice's ear, head in the crook of her neck. The mood suddenly grew somber.

"I'm sorry too, Finn." Beatrice whispered back. If anyone saw them hugging for that long they would probably assume the two were together. Actually, there were already rumors in the Capitol that they were dating. They didn't know Beatrice didn't swing that way. Primarily because that would mean she couldn't accompany so many of the high paying Capitol men. It disgusted her beyond belief, but it kept her sister alive.