xi. ( jealousy, jealousy )

[011]  jealousy, jealousy❛ AFTERGLOW ❜

[011] jealousy, jealousy
❛ AFTERGLOW ❜

BEATRICE WAS AWOKEN by a soft tapping on her cheek

BEATRICE WAS AWOKEN by a soft tapping on her cheek. The touch persisted until her eyes shot open, groaning groggily but was quickly shushed by Katniss. Beatrice looked up at the brunette with confusion until Katniss pointed to the trees, signaling that there were monkeys above.

Beatrice slowly grabbed her scythe that was held out by Finnick, staring up at the creatures with fear. They were mutts. Hideous Capital creations that were meant to kill everyone in their path.

Katniss rose in the water and pulled for an arrow, lacing it with her bow. Beatrice slowly stood up, not daring to make any sudden movements. The mutts were staring at them menacingly, like they were stalking their prey. It was utterly unsettling and a pit formed in Beatrice's stomach.

The three looked all around them to see monkey's everywhere in their sight. It suddenly dawned on Beatrice that Peeta was not with them. She wanted to look around for him, but was too scared to move. She didn't want to be clawed to death. Finnick grabbed his trident out of the water and pointed it towards the monkeys.

"Peeta," Katniss said quietly.

"Yeah?" the blond boy responded back, turning away from the tree her was trying to get water out of. He was behind Beatrice, which was probably why she didn't see him before.

"Walk over here slowly," the archer instructed.

Peeta turned around in confusion, only then seeing the mutts. One of them growled at him and bared its teeth, making Beatrice jump back in surprise. Peeta slowly walked backwards, machete in hand, towards the other three. When he got close enough, Beatrice grabbed his bicep and pulled him behind her.

All of the monkeys started to get closer, forming a circle around the four of them. The tributes senses were extremely high, all of them facing their weapons to the mutts. None of them knew if they should strick or stay put.

"We have to go to the beach," Beatrice whispered to the other three. They all slowly nodded. They turned to leave, but there was no way to escape. They would have to fight their way through this.