iv. ( making friends, i see )

[004]  making friends, i see❛ AFTERGLOW ❜

[004] making friends, i see
❛ AFTERGLOW ❜

BEATRICE RUBBED HER tired eyes as she entered the training room the next day

BEATRICE RUBBED HER tired eyes as she entered the training room the next day. As she looked throughout the room, she saw Johanna harshly swinging her axe around, Brutus tossing spears at dummies, and Cashmere and Gloss throwing knives together.

As Beatrice's gaze flitted over all the weapons, her eyes focused on the scythe. It had a long metal handle with a curved blade on top, used for farming and cutting down crops. It was her weapon of choice, along with knives, during her first games. After all, she was from District Nine.

Without a second thought, Beatrice strutted over to the scythes with a grin decorating her face. The weapon felt familiar in her hands. It gave her a sense of nostalgia, but also a feeling of grief. She quickly pushed the thoughts from her head as she swung the weapon around, getting a feel for it again. She made her way over to the test dummies.

Beatrice got into the right stance and whipped the weapon at the dummy. The sound of its head falling sounded throughout the room. Beatrice started to decapitate more and more dummies, and soon enough she was surrounded by fake heads and a group of tributes staring at her. She simply smirked and looked away.

Just as Katniss and Peeta walked in, they saw her display. Katniss gave the blonde girl an impressed look, while Peeta just looked downright scared, eyes blown wide.

Beatrice saw the pair scan their eyes at all the other tributes, trying to make out allies. The blonde quickly gained on Katniss making her way over to Wiress and Beetee, sitting beside her next to the older pair. The two didn't seem to notice the younger girls presence'.

"Well, friction generates heat, which generates fire and it —"

"You should shift your hands down more," Katniss advised, trying to help the older folks out.

The District Three tributes looked up from the wood to the two girls. Beatrice grabbed a stick and demonstrated. "Move your hands faster," she suggested.

As the two girls kneeled next to the District Three pair, they saw them exchange a look. Beatrice moved to sit criss-crossed.

Beatrice saw Beetee try the new method suggested, and after a few tries, he finally got fire to rise. Wiress let out a small gasp.