v. ( a good team )

[005]  a good team❛ AFTERGLOW ❜

[005]  a good team
❛ AFTERGLOW ❜

BEATRICE WALKED BACK into the District Nine apartment after lunch

BEATRICE WALKED BACK into the District Nine apartment after lunch. Her, Finnick, Johanna and Mags all sat together and chatted. It was nice to pretend things were normal for a few minutes. Just old friends catching up.

As she strolled towards the table, she saw Thatch, Vaughn and Venus sitting.

"Oh, there you are, darling!" Venus exclaimed. Beatrice winched at the loud sound of his voice but still sat down. She was next to Thatch and across from Vaughn.

"How was training?" Thatch asked as he put a grape in his mouth. The man was always a no-nonsense, serious type of person. She never knew him to be very warm, but he had his moments. He helped Beatrice through the aftermath of her games, letting her stay in his house almost every night for the first year.

"It was pretty good. Nothing exciting," Beatrice said as she poured herself a cup of lemonade.

"Nothing exciting, huh? 'Heard you were talking to the pair from twelve," Thatch said and gave her a look.

Beatrice whipped her head around to look at Vaughn. "Traitor," she whispered at him. He just let out a small chuckle.

"You know that's a bad idea, right? Sweetheart, they're practically walking targets," Thatch said and shook his head. Beatrice suddenly remembered that he probably wasn't informed of the plan. She wondered if she should tell him. Not here, not now, but at some point before the games. She decided that she'd talk to Haymitch about it.

"Yes, I know. But they're going to get a lot of sponsors. And I quite like them," Beatrice said matter-of-factly.

Thatch let out a chuckle, "Oh, you like 'em? You like everyone, Beatrice. Quite the optimist, you are."

"Yes, I do like them! I mean, Katniss is a little standoff-ish, but I'll be able to crack her soon. She's a bit hard to read. But Peeta's great. You've seen the games, he's a nice guy," Beatrice defended them.

Thatch looked at her for a moment before letting out a sigh. "Alright. If you think it's a good idea, then I guess it's okay." Beatrice smiled at him before sipping her lemonade.