Knight in Shining Armor

Ship(s): Drarry

Ft: emo draco

Summary: Even though the war has been won, the Dark Mark on Draco Malfoy's arm has still not gone away, nor did the people's grudges on him. Being called a death eater scum and beaten up all day long was definitely not a happy ending for him, until his knight finally comes along =D

More Info: The war is now over and they're in their Eighth Year =D

Warnings: Swearing, slurs, violence, suicide attempts, cutting

Type: Angst with fluff

Author's Note: eh- bear with me- i honestly cringed writing this bc im not good with kissing scenes :')

Word Count: 2.5k

---

Hallways

---

The war was over, but the people's hating towards Draco Malfoy wasn't. Draco walked along the corridors of Hogwarts with his head hung low, holding a book tight, pressing it to his chest as he tried to pace as quickly as he could.

"Death eater scumbag."

"Such an asshole."

"Traitor."

"And he dares to even come back?"

"Aw, sad that your stupid Dark Lord lost?"

"Look at that ugly mark he's trying to hide."

"Retard." (i am so sorry i'm not trying to offend any disabled people, this is just for the story and i have already mentioned slurs in the warnings)

Trying to hide the tears that were threatening to burst out, he took a deep breath and forced his face to remain emotionless. This had already become a normal routine - getting called names, being bullied, and some people even went as far as stoning him when he was outside.

He quickly went into the Great Hall and sat on the Eighth Year's table. Being with the other Eighth Years was one of the only times he would feel welcomed. They accepted him for who he was, not his identity as the "death eater scum".

Draco had apologized profusely to all the others - Hermione, Ron, Neville, and so on. Hermione had forgiven him almost instantly and told him that it was just the way he was raised - a good person, but surrounded by bad people. It took Ron almost a month to consider Draco's apology. They were on better terms now, though Ron still had issues. Dean and Seamus, like Hermione, told Draco immediately they were good and treated him like they were brothers. Even though Neville is still scared of Draco, they're starting to get closer too.

And so it seems Draco had apologized to all the other Eighth Years. All except one - the Golden Boy, Harry Potter.

He didn't know why, but he found himself shielding from Harry. Or maybe he did - perhaps this was because he had had a crush on Harry since third year and was certain Harry hated him. Or perhaps this was because he owed Harry a shit load of apologies and he was too embarrassed, or maybe because Harry was the one who shielded him from his bullies and he didn't know how to make it up to him.

"Hey, mate," Blaise said cheerily as he plopped down next to Draco. Draco nodded and pushed his food around his plate with a fork, making Blaise's face fall. "The bullies again?"

"Mhm..." Draco managed out in a whisper. Blaise slung an arm around Draco and patted his back.

"You have us, you know? Don't mind those bitches' words. They don't know you. You were forced," Blaise told him.