Silent Confessions

Ship(s): Drarry, Drastoria(?)

Ft: matchmaker harry au

Summary: Harry is a boy known well through Hogwarts as the expert as matchmaking. One day he is surprised when his arch nemesis, Draco Malfoy, asks him if he could help matchmake him with his crush, Astoria Greengrass. Harry agrees, but he finds himself falling in love with the blonde-haired boy, knowing he loved someone else..

More Info: This is an AU where Voldemort doesn't exist bc you got enough angst in the last two chapters ig :') so there is no eighth year and this is in seventh year

Warnings: Swearing

Type: fluff with slight angst but don't worry it won't end up with drastoria

Author's Note: i cringed. dont ask why i named this chapter "silent confessions" i just did

Word Count: 3.2k 

---

Harry was walking across the corridor to the Great Hall as he chatted happily with his two best friends, Ron and Hermione, who were bickering over last night's homework. Harry sighed, smiling at the sight of the two while hugging his bag close to his chest. His smile faded, almost immediately, when he saw a familiar blonde, pale figure stop the three, and all heads turned to him.

"I hope you don't mind if I borrow your friend real quick," Malfoy smirked to Ron and Hermione, tugging at Harry's sleeve. Ron opened his mouth, a furious expression on his face, but Malfoy had already dragged Harry to who-knows-where. Harry skidded to a stop, crossing his arms as Malfoy turned around to face him.

"Just spit it out already. What do you want?"

"This is so stupid," Malfoy muttered under his breath. The two had been rivals for about seven years and this was indeed a very awkward situation. "I heard you were good at... Matchmaking-?"

Harry's eyes grew round with interest as he leaned forward. "Ah, did the almight Draco Malfoy finally get a crush? "

"Shut the fuck up before I make you." (sounds so wrong for some reason)

"Who's the unlucky girl?"

"What do you mean, unlucky?" Malfoy hissed, frowning. Harry rolled his eyes, tilting his head to one side innocently.

"I mean, will anyone ending up with you have a happy ending?"

Malfoy shot a glare at Harry, which Harry waved off. It was always funny to wind Malfoy up – the way Malfoy's eyebrows would squish slightly and a malicious glint in his silver eyes would glow, how he would pull at his hair and cross his arms – honestly, it made him look cute.

Harry James Potter, what the fuck are you thinking-

"You know Astoria Greengrass, fifth year?" Malfoy whispered to Harry, his expression visibly relaxing. Harry's jaw fell open as he pushed away from Malfoy, blinking at him.

"'Tori? "

"You know her?"

"Well yeah, I mean-" Harry paused. He and Astoria had met in the library once and became pretty decent friends, and he had to admit she was attractive. "She- Yeah, I do."

"This is so stupid," Malfoy spat out loud again. "But can you help me..?"

"Sure," Harry nodded, an unknown feeling sinking in his chest. "After Potions, in the library. Is that okay?"

"Mhm."

"Good. I still hate you, Malfoy. Don't get that wrong."

---