Amnesia

Ship(s): Drarry, slight Drastoria because I love drama

Ft: hm

Summary: Draco and Harry are best friends, but whenever he asked something about his past, Harry would inch away. The topic seemed to be slicing across the surface of their falling friendship, and Draco was desperate to find out why.

More Info: Backstory - After Draco's trial, he was accidentally hit by a memory loss charm  while being escorted out Azkaban. He passed out and was sent to St. Mungos. As the spell was not cast correctly, he still had mere memories about his friends and Harry, so he could only assume he and Harry were best friends and continued living that way.

Warnings: Swearing because I can do shit, memory loss

Type: fluff and angst- I guess :')

Author's Note: aight i love canon astoria dont hate on me

Word Count: 3k

---

Draco tackled Harry, laughing as he did so. The boy under him screeched and attempted to get out of his grasp, but Draco gripped Harry's arms and turned him over effortlessly, still chuckling while the smaller boy gave up and rolled over to lay by his side.

"The stars today are beautiful," Harry whispered, pointing up at the night sky. Draco could almost feel his smile, making one creep onto his face as well.

"Mhm."

There was a comfortable silence as the wind blew by and the two best friends (stop) stared, before Draco frowned and turned to his side. Harry, who seemed to notice, turned over as well so they were facing each other.

"Can you tell me about what my life was like before.. My memory?"

Harry's smile faded almost immediately. He sat up, making Draco turn over and sit up slowly as well.

"I just realized, Ron said w-we have a Gryffindor boys' night today. I'll see you around." He scrambled up and hurried away, leaving Draco still sitting on the meadow, his mood having dropped almost immediately.

Harry was always like this. Whenever Draco attempted to ask what happened before his memory got wiped out, he'd find an excuse to leave. He had to be hiding something, and Draco hated it.

Was I someone bad?

Frowning, Draco slowly stood up as well. Sighing, he brushed his hair out of his eyes and walked towards the Eighth Year tower. Why couldn't anyone just tell him what his past was like?

---

Eighth Year Tower

---

"Dray!" Pansy called out to him. Granger was sitting on her lap as the raven-haired girl did her hair. Draco smiled weakly at the sight, walking over to the two girls. Granger looked up from the book she was reading and smiled as a greeting.

Pansy frowned and let go of Granger's hair for a moment, looking at Draco. "What's wrong? I just saw Harry running in-"

"I don't know. I asked him about my past and he just keeps avoiding me and- argh. It's just so frustrating."

Pansy and Granger were silent for a moment and looked at each other. Granger bit her lip and looked down back at her book and Pansy picked her hair up again, looking back at Draco.

"Maybe you should just.. Stop asking him that? One day you'll figure it out yourself, maybe."

"You're hiding something too, aren't you?" Draco frowned, trying to hide the crack in his voice. Pansy adverted her eyes from his, parting her lips slightly.