4 Comfortable Silence

Opal was laid out on her bed two days later with her head buried in her pillow. She was debating whether she should text Donnie. What would she even say? She wanted to see him again but, was it too soon? It was 3:00 pm would he even be awake? Donnie had told her that they were more or less nocturnal. She sat up slightly and brought her phone to her face and began typing.

Opal: Hi! wyd?

'Stupid... wtf was that?' She thought, shoving her face back into her pillow. Why did this matter so much to her anyway?

Donnie: Working on some of my tech. Wbu?

Opal: Nothing
Opal: I'm bored ()

Donnie: It's still light outside so I can't leave the lair, do you want to come here?

Opal smiled happily at her phone and sprung up from her lying position.

Opal: Yes!!
Opal: send me the coordinates :)

Donnie: I'll meet you at the door the others are asleep so be quiet ^ ^
Donnie: *coordinates*

Opal jumped out of bed and quickly began to get ready. She had never been so giddy to see anybody before. She decided to wear a red and black baby tee with a black mini skirt and some black stompy sneakers. She added some black leg warmers with red stars and matching jewelry. She put her hair in half twin tails and touched up her make that she had done earlier. Finally she grabbed a small backpack and filled it with things like candy, her vape, a book, a flask of vodka, and a hello kitty plushie before leaving her room. She walked into the living room and saw Dominic and Toney on the couch watching TV and smoking.

"Hi guys, I'm going out for a bit," she said, walking up to them and putting her hand out to her brother.

"Where are you going?" Dominic asked while handing her the blunt to take a drag.

"To see Donnie, I'll keep in touch though." She said blowing smoke out of her mouth and handing it back.

"Donnie? Who's that?" Toney asked, completely stoned. She didn't get to answer him before Dominic spoke up.

"When am I gonna meet this Donnie anyway? Wasn't he just here the other night?" He asked suspiciously. A

"Soon, but trust me you have nothing to worry about." She said before grabbing a Dr. Pepper from a plastic bag sitting on the coffee table, likely brought by Toney. "Bye guys!" She says before leaving through the front door before they could reply.

She walked to the elevator with a skip in her step. Why is she so excited to see him? She hadn't known him very long but found herself giddy to meet again. Once she exited her building she typed the coordinates into her phone and followed the directions to an alley, but no one was there. That was, until she fit the manhole cover lift up from under one of her feet. She jumped and moved off to see Donnie I inside.

"Welcome," he said, from inside, careful not to be seen from the streets. "Come one in," He said and gave her a hand climbing into the sewage pipe by picking her up and jumping down to the bottom with a small splash. He gently placed her down on the dry part of the pavement.

"Thanks for inviting me," she said, smiling at him as he did so.

"But of course, just returning the favor," he said before moving to close the manhole cover.

When he did so it became very dark very quickly. One thing Opal had always hated was the dark. She flinched and looked around scared when Donnie came back down with a splash.

"Donnie...?" She asks nervously.

"Yes." He asked, not really catching on.

"It's dark in here, where are you?" She asked.