8 Brilliant Son

Donnie arrived home that night with a pit in his stomach. He didn't know what to believe, would Opal lie to him? He needed to talk to somebody about it.

"Donnie, come here!" Leo yelled as he heard Donnie come in. Donnie walked to the common room to see Leo on the skate ramp. He jumped down and dropped his skateboard before walking to his twin.

"Yes?" Donnie asked, playing dumb.

"We need to talk about you taking my sword, don't do it!" Leo yelled at him hugging his sword protectively.

"Is that all?" Donnie asked, hoping to leave.

"No, tell me about your day with Opal," Leo asked, dropping onto a bean bag and patting the one next to him for Donnie to sit.

"What about it?" Donnie inquired, taking his seat.

"Well, what'd you do? Why were you in the hidden city?" Leo asked.

"Well Originally we just went to Repos to look for some supplies, but it seemed what I needed was nowhere to be found so I concluded that I would have to go to the hidden city." Donnie sighed. "Opal asked to come along and the day was still young so we just went to the market. She was very fascinated with everything so we spent most of the day exploring," He finished looking back to his twin who listened intently.

"You guys sure are close huh," Leo trailed off, making Donnie look at him confused.

"Not this again," Donnie deadpanned.

"I mean, when was the last time you guys spent a day without seeing or texting each other? Plus it's always during the day, have you been sleeping?" Leo asked.

"I get a sufficient 3 hours of sleep plus 10-minute naps throughout the day," Donnie stated.

"That can't be healthy..." Leo cringed.

"Opal said the same thing," Donnie said thinking back to the raven-haired girl, Leo smirked at this.

"What did you need supplies for anyway?" Leo asked.

"I'm currently working on an invention that could change our lives," Donnie said matter-of-a-factly. "It's a surprise so I can't tell you what it is but I suspect I'll be finished by the end of the week," He explained.

"Sounds exciting," Leo lied, Donnie said this about most of his inventions.

☤ ☤ ☤

Opal arrived at the lair in black low-rise jeans and a black and red baby tee near 6 pm Friday night, she had gotten a text from Donnie to come over for a surprise. Her hair was in half pigtails and she wore stompy black sneakers. She was very excited to see what Donnie had been working on all week. When she walked into the common room she was met with the rest of the turtles, April, and splinter gathered. They were also called by Donnie to see his invention.

"Opal! Hold on to your socks because they're about to be knocked off!" Donnie said excitedly ushering her over. She saw that he had a display table set up with a cloth over what she assumed was the invention.

"I'm holding 'em!" She said and hurried over before Donnie started his reveal speech.

"I've invited you all here today to witness the great reveal of my latest invention. Here under this cloth, I have something that will change our lives forever. Drum roll please," Donnie said. Opal was the only one to drum roll on her legs in anticipation before Donnie pulled the cloth. It revealed a glass case of five different accessories, a red chain, a blue ring, a purple bracelet, an orange pin, and a gold pendant necklace. Opal clapped at the beautiful pieces of jewelry while the rest stared blankly.