6 First Impressions

Opal woke up the next morning extremely sore. She knew she must have fallen asleep on the floor but couldn't move. Something heavy was draped over her body and she was pressed against something warm. She cracked her eyes open a bit and was met with Donnie's chest. She peaked up and saw that he was still asleep and his arm was holding her closely. Her face heated up at the thought of falling asleep with him but she savored the comfort for a moment before remembering something.

"Fuck!" She yelled springing up and waking Donnie in the process. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" She repeated and grabbed her purse which wasn't far away before grabbing her phone. It was 10:30 am.

"What- what's going on!" Donnie said half asleep.

"I didn't go home last night!" Opal said quickly opening her phone to missed calls and texts from Dominic. She pressed the call back and waited for an answer.

"Opal! Where are you!" Dominic yelled over the phone.

"Sorry I didn't come home last night! I fell asleep at Donnie's house!" Opal explains nervously.

"That's it! Get your ass home and bring this Donnie guy with you!" He yells angrily. "There is no reason you should be sleeping over at a boy's house let alone one I've never met!" Opal knew Dominic had the right to be angry, she felt bad for making him worry.

"Okay, we'll be over there soon..." She said but she didn't know what to do, Dominic couldn't meet Donnie! He's a fucking turtle! They hung up the phone and Opal turned to Donnie who was watching her nervously.

"Dominic wants to meet you," Opal said, panicky slightly. A moment of silence passed between the two before Donnie stood up. He walked to his lab followed by Opal. He picks up his phone which had been left on his desk and dialed a number while Opal watched.

"Hey Sunita, is there any way I could borrow your brooch for a little bit today?" He asked over the phone there was a moment of silence while Opal supposed the other person was speaking. "Now" he replied. "Thank you so much, I'll see you soon." He said before hanging up the phone and turning to her.

"What's up?" She asked, looking at him nervously.

"April's girlfriend Sunita has a cloaking brooch, basically a yokai puts it on and will appear human. She's on her way to let me borrow it so I can meet your brother." Donnie said quickly while walking to his closet. He pulls out a purple sweater, a white butto-up, a purple tie, black slacks, and a pair of dress shoes before turning to her. "Will this work?" Donnie asked her, holding the clothes up to himself.

"Thank god! Yes, that's great!" Opal said happily and hugged him. He smiled and hugged her back before they parted.

"I've got to get ready to go, I'm a mess," She said, walking to a mirror in Donnie's room. Her hair was disheveled, and her clothes were messed up from sleep.

The two of them got ready together, Donnie changing, and Opal tidying her appearance. Since Donnie didn't usually wear clothes he didn't mind changing in front of her, though she was surprised when he took off his mask and saw that he didn't have eyebrows. She giggles at it, making him roll his eyes before taking out his contacts and putting on some thick rimmed glasses. What really shocked her though, was when he took off his battle shell. He could feel her staring and let out a sigh.

"I'm a soft shell turtle, so my shell is susceptible to damage. I wear a battle shell for defense... plus it just looks cool." He mumbled the last part and looked away somewhat embarrassed.

"That's so cool Donnie!" Opal said and walked over to him and examined the battle shell. "So you made this?" She asked, making him blush but he still nodded.