12 Stealth Mission

The turtles arrived at Opal's apartment and entered through her open window. They saw her bag on the floor with her things scattered around it, and dents in the door. Donnie frowned, 'what happened here?' he thought as he and his brother investigated the room. They heard Dominic in the living room and peeked out the door to see him on the phone. He seemed to be having a pretty heated conversation and Donnie decided to listen in.

"You probably scared her half to death, should have talked to me first!" He yelled at the person over the phone and there was a moment of silence where the other person was assumedly speaking. "I haven't heard from you guys in three years, so yeah, a heads-up would have been nice!" He yelled again. The call went on for a while of arguing before Dominic calmed down. "Yes, I know. I'm on my way. See you then," He said before hanging up. He let out a groan and fell onto the couch and ran a hand through his hair.

Donnie was about to go back into the room before he saw it. Dominic let out a sigh and suddenly horns grew from his head. Donnie was unable to get a closer look before the door creaked open a bit more and Dominic's eyes snapped open. Donnie jumped back from the door before ushering his brothers out the window to hide. Donnie slid under Opal's bed. Dominic walked into the room and looked around. Donnie peered at him from his hiding spot. His eyes were black with red irises, his k-9s were sharp, and his skin was paler than before.

Dominic looked around the room before sighing again. He picked up the mess on the floor and pulled a suitcase from Opal's closet. He packed it with all of her favorite clothes, her makeup, her jewelry, and essentials like her vape, deodorant, her phone, and her hair supplies. The way he packed made Donnie think it was for a long-term arrangement. Dominic zipped up the suitcase and left the room to get her toiletries. Donnie's brothers sat on the roof with Noel waiting for him but he was taking a while.

Donnie stealthily followed Dominic and watched as he packed his own bag as well. Donnie made up his mind that he would be following Dominic but had to take care of his brothers first. He went out the window and to the roof to speak to them.

"False alarm guys, we can go," Donnie lied.

"What do you mean by false alarm?" Leo asked.

"I heard Dominic on the phone, it was just their cousins playing a prank on her," Donnie lied, if only he knew how spot-on he was. Noel went back to the apartment reluctantly, and they began heading back to the lair but a few minutes later Donnie stopped. "Oh, damn, I forgot my phone at Opal's! I'll meet you guys at home!" Donnie lied and ran back to the apartment before they could stop him, and they just went home.

Donnie slipped through Opal's window and was greeted with a suspicious look from Noel. He put his index finger to his lips and peeked out the door to see Dominic lighting a cigarette before walking out the door with the suitcases. Donnie and Noel stealthily followed Dominic before he got to the alley next to the apartment building. He pulled something out of his pocket and used it to draw a symbol on the brick wall. It opened a portal and Dominic walked through followed by Donnie and Noel.

They arrived in the mystic world and Dominic started walking

☤ ☤ ☤

Opal wasn't able to sleep that night. She spent her time looking around the room, most of the clothes in the closet would no longer fit her but there were a few things that she would definitely take home with her. In the fish tank, there was a small creature that looked like a mix of an axolotl and a dragon. She watched it for a while but eventually went back to look at the family photo on her bedside table. She had a lump in her throat looking at the photo. She fell asleep with the photo in her hand.

☤ ☤ ☤

Dominic and Donnie walked through the night before making it to a large mansion that overlooks the hidden city. Noel had gone to sleep and his floating body was being pulled along on his harness that was tied to Donnie's battle shell. Dominic would have teleported there but it had been years and he was afraid he may be out of practice and end up at the wrong place. Ghouls do not get tired easily so he had no problem walking through the night. Donnie on the other hand was very thankful for the emergency coffee in his battle shell that kept him going through the night while Dominic didn't seem tired at all.