Five

Ryker takes us to this expensive restaurant called Alessandro's-once here we are led to a table sitting across from one another. The lights are dimmed with the lights hanging from the ceiling, the music being played is from a piano and very romantic.

"So" I ask Ryker "Ryker, I never did ask-Where are you from?"

"New Jersey" he says, our waiter comes over.

"Hello folks, I'm Carl-I'll be your server today" I look at him for a brief moment before looking back to my mate "can I start you off with drinks?"

"I'll" I speak "have a glass of the 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon" he nods his head writing it down.

"And for you sir?" He asks

"Single malt Scotch, two ice" he nods his head

"Okay, while I get that I'll give you some more time to think about what you'll have" leaving us

"So Jane?" Ryker asks "Do you have any siblings?"

"One" nodding my head "a twin bother, his name is Alec" but if you want to add the coven then I have many venom siblings, but I'm only counting my twin "and you? Are you a single child?"

"No" shaking his head "I have two older half brothers and a step sister-are you close with your brother?"

"Yes" nodding my head "for a long time it's been just us, him and me against the world-he works with me in the same business"

"And your parents?" He tilted his head "were they not apart of this against the world thing?"

"No" shaking my head "our father was a drunk who was never around, my mother she ran away with with our neighbor" somewhat true. Our human parents, our mother left us for the Reverend while our father died in the woods. Drinking and hunting are not a good combination. "And yourself? Tell me about your family"

"Where to begin" he mutters, he is silent "I have two older half brother's as I said Danny and Ben, Danny he's a New York Ranger then there's Ben who is a bartender at B and B" nodding his head "then there's my birth father, his name is Phil. He's like a small league baseball player, he lives down in Florida with his wife Renee-I don't particularly like her or her daughter my step sister Isabella"

"Why?"

"Renee...she's an overgrown sorority girl who can't handle responsibilities, she's also a gold digger" he explains "I mean it's why she had her daughter, apparently my step sister's father's family is rich but none of the money is going to the girl which means it's not going to Renee-it's a whole thing but Renee took Bella, that's my step sister's name away from her father" I frown at that, humans sometimes...they can be disgusting "her daughter Bella is worse. Bella thinks she deserves everything, that she doesn't have to work for it. I mean she lives with her father, but her recent boyfriend dumped her since his father had to move and she couldn't handle the fact that her ex-I don't know his name but she won't be getting his money since his dad is rich"

"Sounds like she doesn't deserve it" our drinks come and we order our food, when the waiter is gone we go back to our conversation "but I'm getting a feeling there is more to your hatred towards this Renee and Bella"

"My grandmother" he says "she has this fortune, she won this lottery some time ago. When she died it went to me, Renee thought it would go to my dad but now-my nana changed it since she saw through Renee's lies and petty nature. They started to harass me, Bella even tried to seduce me but I got my mom involved and let's just say when my mom gets involved you run away"

We laugh at that "and your mother? What's her name?"

"Her name is Bonnie, she was married to my step dad Ray who raised me as his own" nodding his head "my mom she's like Renee but she puts me and my brother's first. She has our best interest at heart even though sometimes she acts like a party girl, but she gets a right since she never got to be young...she's being young now. My step dad he's working on construction now-my only real family is my mom, step dad and brothers" I feel like he's going to add someone else but he doesn't. I wonder who?