Nine

"Who created you?" I ask the nomad as he cries out in pain, we are in an alley in upstate New York. When he doesn't answer "kill him, now" Felix does and I tap my foot agitated. It has been two weeks and we finally got the vampire who has been causing a havoc, now he's dead.

When Felix has burned the body, both men look at me with expectant eyes "what?"

"So" Felix asks "who's the guy?"

"What guy?" I ask

Demetri pulls out a photo from his phone "this guy" I see it's a photo of me and Ryker at B and B on the couch, me in his arms.

"My mate" as soon as I say that, these two get all giddy "don't make a big deal out of it"

"Are you kidding?" Demetri asks "after a thousand years, your finally getting your mate!"

"How are you able to look human around him?" Felix asks me

I knew the idiots would bring that up "about a few hundred years back I saved a witch's children. In return for each of her children she gave me two rings, both to make a vampire look human and the last is a fertility potion so that one day I could have a kid" their eyes widen as they stare at me in shock "don't make a big deal about this"

"Are you kidding?" Felix demands "you just casually have two rings that make vampires look human and you have a fertility potion, something most female vampires have been only dreaming of ever having and you have one!"

"Does he know?" Demetri asks

"It's complicated" I mutter

They look confused "how is it complicated?" Demetri asks "you just turn him and"

"It's complicated because he has two infants!" I snap at them "he's close with his family and he's an amazing guy and we haven't even had sex and it's been months!" I start to pace around "I mean it's been months! Months since I met him! And not once" putting a finger up "not once have we had sex and I've been more than clear that I'm ready for sex, even his mom is saying we should have sex"

"Does he live with her?" Demetri asks

"No" shaking my head "he lives with his two kids and AHH!" I scream throwing a crate at the wall.

Felix whistles and I give him a look "you need to get laid"

"Jus because she had sex with you" Demetri says "doesn't mean she'll do it again" yes, Felix and I were a friends with benefits type of thing.

"Jane?" I freeze hearing my mates voice, turning around I see Ryker standing there staring at him and he stares at me.

"Um" Demetri motions "Felix and I will leave you and" said men jump up to the roof and Ryker points and looks at me as I stand there before him.

Ryker walks closer towards me and when he touches my face, I stare at him as he stares at me "why are you so cold?"

I bite my lip "Ryker...I'm a vampire" his eyes widen as he stares at me, I stare at him waiting for his reaction and he does something I don't expect. He kisses me, I smile kissing him back.