one

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

FIRE SPREADS EVERYWHERE, Helaena had no way out of her chambers, her daughter and son were dead; they were only meant to kill her son, but they took her daughter too. What happened to it being a son for a son, why did the blood and cheese take her daughter too? Helaena couldn't breathe with the smoke filling up her lungs, she'd wanted this, she wanted to be free from all the torture she has felt; it wasn't fair that everyone had gotten a better life than she did, but what did she expect? She could've changed everything she dreamt of, but she didn't. She made her way over to her window and saw the war happening quickly than she expected. Helaena sighs as she looks down, it was a long drop, she smiles as tears rolled down her face.

She took another step away from the edge and fell, she sighs, the drop was going down very slow instead of a swift fall. Helaena for the first time ever feels free, she's falling with the wind echoing through her ears, she's falling and couldn't wait to see her dreams cease.

Her arms were spread, she mimicked the image of a dragon in flight. This was all she ever wanted, to be free from all the images that have harassed her all her life. She was still falling, was she scared? No. But now, she won't hear the screams and cries of her children, but her eyes remained shut as the spikes pierced through her, blood spilled as she smiled taking her last breath.

The last thing she could hear was her dragon roaring from the pit, mourning over her, but all Helaena wanted was to be with her children and live a happy peaceful life with the gods above.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

She wakes up, her breaths ragged as she panted, her hands drawn to her throat. There is no wound, no blood; only soft pale skin.

A scream tore from her throat, so loud that she's never made the sound before, not even when her children were murdered, she did not scream. She made no sound, only silent tears streaming down her face as her little brother held her begging for forgiveness. Her throat was dry, and yet her screams probably echoed through the red keep. She grabs onto her skin feeling no pain, but what this was impossible. She fell to her death! Why was she suddenly awake? Her hands tangled in her hair as she gave it hard tugs, she had no clue what was going on, she was supposed to be in peace.

"Helaena," a woman's voice calls out gently, and she was shocked to find her young looking mother, the Queen Alicent Hightower is sitting on her bed yanking her hands away from her abused scalp.

Helaena stares, and stares. Her dead mother was sitting next to her, her violet eyes never left the woman's form.

Alicent hesitated before she held her daughter tightly, she didn't care about the flinch her daughter gave her, she was in shock that her sweet, innocent, quiet girl could give off such a terrifying scream. Alicent holds her daughter for a long time, tears staining both their nightgowns, Helaena's head laid upon her mother's shoulder, she opened her eyes half way to find her brother staring from the doors, Aegon was standing tiredly, while Aemond held the door, Aemond had both of his eyes. She realised she'd been sent back in time, eventually, Helaena rested her head on her mother's lap, her breathing had calmed down as she let her mother run her fingers through her hair.

"Helaena, what happened, little dove." Alicent's voice was shaky as she asked softly, her daughter shut her eyes as tears dribbled from her lashes once more.

Helaena felt the bed dip and felt a small soft hand take her left one, she realised her brothers were on the bed now with Aemond holding her hand. "A nightmare," she mumbles.

"Was it your dreams again?" Her mother questions, Helaena nods her head, "what was it about, sweetling?" Again, Helaena shakes her head.

"I am going to stop it from happening," she says with determination. "No matter the cost, it will not happen again."

Her mother and siblings were confused, but Alicent sent the boys back to their chambers while she still held her daughter – rocking her sideways, she hummed a song she used to sing to Rhaenyra, she watched her daughter fall back to sleep and sighed.

She chose to stay that night, she hoped to never hear her daughter shrilled scream. It broke her heart to hear something like that come from her daughters mouth, she feared the worst when she heard it, the chilling sound had echoed through the halls. It sounded as though something horrible had happened to her, she'd rushed through the halls to find her sons standing outside her door looking anxious to enter while the guards were standing watching the sleep Princess scream. She shoved them out of the way and entered ordering them to give some privacy, and made her way over to her daughter who was harming herself even more.

Alicent hopes that whatever Helaena dreamt about doesn't happen, she knew her daughter, she just didn't know the horrors that lay in her head, she refused to speak with anyone. She lay next to her daughter and pulled the quilt over the both of them, her hand still played with Helaena's silver locks, she watched as her daughter curled up and into her – looking for some sort of comfort.

She will always be there for Helaena, and she will always make sure that her daughter was safe.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧
first chapter in, why
do I always make them go
through so much trauma?

thanks very much for the vote,
this book won so here it!

thanks for reading!
<3

vote, comment & follow!