seven

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

HELAENA FELT AS THOUGH SHE WERE CHOKING, she felt as though the air couldn't escape her lungs, "fire!" She could hear someone yell, "father!" She opens her eyes and found herself in a castle, a dark castle surrounded with nothing but cobble, she flinches started at another banging noise and saw the orange glow of flames behind the door. "Father!"

She turns around and spots her Father's hand, Ser Strong. He was coughing and spluttering as he sat upon his bed, his son Ser Harwin was the one banging on the door on the opposite side begging for his Father to wake up and open the door that there was a fire.

Helaena gasps as she now saw Harwin begging when the flames were burning right next to him, "Father! I will burn! Helaena could feel the fire prick her skin, she felt warm, but they didn't burn her, but she could feel Ser Harwin's pain. Tears ran down her face when the roof collapsed onto Ser Strong causing fire to swallow him too, she saw the fear in Harwin's eyes, and that fear is something she could not forget.

Gasping awake with a scream, Helaena sat upright on her bed. She quickly got up from her bed, forgetting about her night shoes and her robe while rushing out of her room. Her face was one of horror, one of fear, she made every turn down the hallways, she could hear her guards call out to her as she kept on running. She made her way to the King's chambers, her bare feet pitter pattered against the stones, she ignored her Father's guards as she quickly pushed the door open, she ran through, and spotted he was still not in bed yet, "Father!"

His head turns to her, "Helaena, what are you doing still up?" He asks as he suddenly seemed to take notice of her tears and her panicked expression.

"Father!" She rushes towards him and into his arms, trying to grasp onto her words, "you..you can't let the Strong's leave! You need to keep them here!" He looks down at her as she looks up at him, "there is going to be a fire and they are going to burn, they are going to be corpses as soon as they go there, you cannot let them return to Harrenhal!" She cries into his chest, "Ser Harwin didn't do anything, he-he was defending himself and me! Please, don't let them go!"

"Your grace?" One of the guards call out hesitantly.

Viserys took a deep breath, "I need the Queen, Rhaenyra and Ser Harwin strong here, immediately." He orders the guard who quickly left, Helaena felt the King bring her over to his bed and lay her down gently with a cup of water, he wipes the tears from her faces and soothes her hair gently, "there, you are alright now, Helaena, you are okay."

Helaena soon quickly calms down as she plays with the embroidery upon his silky sheets, and kept her stare down as she could still hear their screams, and their pain. Helaena didn't even look up when her Mother came rushing towards the bed, taking her daughter into her arms, "Helaena, are you alright, my daughter." She mumbles as into Helaena's silver hair, kissing the crown of her head gently.

She could only nod when she heard Harwin and Rhaenyra step through the door, Rhaenyra looked upon Helaena and could hear Helaena mumble to Alicent something about fire and blood, and how it hurts many. She looked upon her Father, "Father? What is it?" She questions as Viserys leads them to the table of his figurines.

"I am not sure if you yet know, but Helaena can see things in her dreams that one cannot, she can see things before they even happen and that is what she saw tonight." He says looking at Rhaenyra who nods her head understanding what he was saying, her sweet sister was a dragon dreamer. "Ser Harwin, my youngest daughter explained to me that you were only defending her today, is that true?"

"Yes, your grace, some words were exchanged. It was only right after she defended my honour, and even if she did not, I would still defend her." The King nods at his words.

"Well, I see no harm truly done, you may stay, you should keep your title too, thank you." He nods his respect towards Harwin who gave him and nod and a thank you.

Rhaenyra looked pleased, "thank you, Father." She says as she gave Helaena a small look, "thank you, Helaena." She says in her head before she and the gold cloak left.

Alicent had heard every word that was exchanged, she turns to her daughter who'd fell asleep in her arms, Ser Harwin defended her daughter? This was news to her, and she would eventually ask, but it was also something else, she knew about Helaena's dreams, but she thought it was something she'd grow out of eventually, but Viserys' words would haunt her, her daughter had the gift of dreaming.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

The next day to everyone's surprise, Ser Harwin Strong did not get removed from his position, he was saved by Helaena Targaryen who spoke truth about him defending her. The word travelled around quickly within the keep, but Ser Strong had still resigned from being the Hand of the King and did return to his homeland today, her fathers words ran through her ears: "you can't save everyone."

Helaena just sat at the table in front of her brothers, and kept her stare down onto her gloopy porridge that she added bananas into to make it sweeter. She was offered a sausage and a porched egg from Aemond who seemed to frown at her lack of attention, and looked to Aegon who didn't even seem bothered, but he did look around for her bugs and saw nothing but the little doll she brings everywhere with her now.

"Aegon," her soft voice rang through the halls as she looks up at him, he raised a brow towards her and Aemond was staring them down. "Why don't we do something today. Just you and I, and no that doesn't include your wine."

Aegon looked offended, Aemond laughs as he left the table to go and study, the older of the three looks at Helaena with a funny look. "You want to spend time...with me?"

"I do," she nods, "it will be fun. I very much know it."

"Fine, but no bugs!" He interjected, pointing at her with his finger, "if I see you with a single bug, Helaena I'm out of there!"

"Okay, okay!" She mumbles with a smile, "bugs are a private thing now, and I was thinking a nice walk through the gardens and perhaps dragon-back."

"Alright, that doesn't sound too bad then." He grumbles as he ate the rest of his breakfast.

Helaena ate the rest of her porridge and ate the egg and sausages that Aemond laid out for her on a different table. The silence was a peaceful one between the two siblings, but Helaena could still feel her tension towards her brother, she kept reminding herself that this boy was not the cruel, deadbeat king that made her cry. This was a boy who was starting to realise certain things and was not yet capable of making someone's life a living hell.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧
okay, harwin is
going to live!

everyone besides viserys is
now going to realise that helaena
is a dragon dreamer and that her
dreams were not temporarily,
they're permanent. that it was a gift
given to her by the targaryen
ancestors.

thanks for reading!
vote, comment & tell me what you think!
<3