six

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

A COUPLE OF HOURS AFTER THE INCIDENT, Alicent had left to go and see what had happened, and Helaena held her doll tightly while walking down the hall. She knew what had happened and again Ser Criston got away with his petty crimes, she went to go and comfort her sister, she had to start fixing the failed relationships within this family, so why not start with Rhaenyra.

She looked at the two guards who were stood outside the Princess' chambers and innocently smiled, the men called out her name while opening the door, she looked rather uncomfortable in the doorway when she was now faced standing there in front of Rhaenyra and Laenor who'd turned their attentions to her.

Helaena clutched her doll to her chest and smiled politely, "Princess Rhaenyra, Ser Laenor." She says with a smile noticing the tension between the two, she seemed to have caught them at a bad times.

"Helaena," Rhaenyra smiled, "come sit, sweet sister."

Laenor coughs before standing up, giving the Princess a gentle smiled before he walked inside he and Rhaenyra's bedrooms, giving both Princess' their privacy.

"Rhaenyra, sister, I am sorry about Ser Harwin." She mumbles as she sat down, "I tried to stop it."

"You...tried to stop it?" Rhaenyra asks her voice filled with so much confusion, "what do you mean?"

Helaena told a lie, "I saw a fight about to break out and tried to talk them out of it until Ser Criston pushed Ser Harwin to the edge." She mumbles, "words were said, horrible words, Rhaenyra."

"About my sons?" Helaena nods, "I know, sweet sister, but we just ignore things that are not true. I believe rumours circle around this castle because some people are very bored, but I appreciate you trying to calm things down."

"Thank you, sister." Helaena mutters brushing her dolls hair, Rhaenyra looks at the doll with curiosity.

"What's this ones name?" She looks to Helaena and points at the doll, "she's very pretty."

"Sasha, I called her Sasha." She mumbles, "she's a Princess full of mystery and misery, and we both know what that's like and we both keep each other safe." She mumbles touching the dolls hair, she snaps out of her daze and smiles at Rhaenyra who looks at her slightly concerned.

"Well, I am happy that you have someone to look after you, hm?" She smiles, "oh! Why don't you stay with me for some tea, sweet sister." She says as the maids had brought in some tea that she'd requested for earlier.

"That would be lovely, I would like to stay and have a tea party with you, Rhaenyra." She smiles, "I only ever have them with Mother, but she is boring." She giggles causing Rhaenyra to chuckle.

Her elder sisters eyes shined, "she was never always boring. I fear that her Queenly duties have gotten in the way and she must keep up her appearances, but she was the light to my darkness. We would read stories, eat cake, we would run away together and our Father's would get so worried about us." She laughs at the old memories, "and I abandoned her when she needed me most because I blamed her, when she did no wrong, she couldn't save herself neither could eye because we are not men."

Helaena promised herself that she would get them together again, and she will save their friendship. "Mother speaks of you a lot," she told the truth, her Mother would speak of her. Rhaenyra turns to her, "she sometimes tells me that I remind her of you and that she wishes to reconcile with you, she just doesn't know how to."

"She does, does she." She mumbles and sips her tea, causing Helaena to remember that she had her own cup causing the Princess to drink from it. "What else?"

"She showed me a ripped page from a book that you gave her to remember you by, she carries it everywhere with her in her pocket." Helaena grins to herself as she spoke of her Mother's dirty little secret.

Rhaenyra looked very smug, "I would love to see Ser Criston's reaction if he ever found out."

"Ser Criston is a man who can't handle rejection." The elder Princess looked at her in shock, "oh, the dragons whisper sister. He's only the way he is because he was in love and because he was rejected, he's become a bad apple."

Rhaenyra cackles into her cup, "he did become a puppy, huh?" She says looking very much amused.

"Yes, but be careful sister, he's sworn himself to my Mother and with one command he will do anything to hurt you." She mumbles, "yet, Mother doesn't want you hurt no matter how much Ser Criston tries."

"I will, Helaena." She mumbles, "I will. Here, take a lemon cake." She says offering cakes to her little sister who has become her favourite person all of a sudden with her insults that have came out accidentally even though she really truly meant every word.

The two Princesses both chatted and shared their stories and insults to people that they hated. The next room, Laenor was chuckling to himself as he listens to them talk badly but have some love between their conversations about people, he himself was starting to like Helaena, she was the only green he would ever like.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

She soon leaves the room as the only green, Rhaenyra and Laenor can truly love. She walks down the hallway to see her drunk brother walk into his chambers, he would be the next one she would talk to, he had to be.

Helaena wouldn't let her brother become the man he became, she couldn't let him believe that he wasn't loved. Yes, even though nobody knew it would take time for her to forgive everyone, and Aegon; the man – her own brother – the drunk king that made her life hell. The man who made her truly cry on their wedding night, the man who would come to her when their grandfather sent him to 'create heirs.' Yet, he wasn't a man now, he was a boy, a boy who was going to be going down a dark path and she couldn't let that happen, she couldn't let someone else suffer as she did.

She went to her chambers and noticed that the maids had changed her green room into white, blue and pink colours just like she'd asked.

Helaena stays in her room playing with her toys as the maids brought her dinner to her, it seems as though her Mother thought she was having a bad day and decided to ask the maids to take her dinner to her. She was grateful, truly. She ate in her room and ate some deserts too and afterwards called the servant to take it away before changing into her silky nightgown before putting her doll next to her on the bed, she pulls the thick quilt up to her chin and stares out the window and up at the stars.

Little did she know, things were changing, they were slow changes, but they were changing.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧
guess who's back!

rhaenyra & helaena discussing &
insulting crispy cole and sharing
secrets of alicent is everything!

thanks for reading!
vote, comment & tell me what you think!
<3