eleven

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

IT HAD BEEN A FEW DAYS since Helaena had been stabbed and she was now being treated gently and carefully carried out of the room as her Father has decided it was time to return to Kings Landing where she will be tended with better healers and for Cole's execution.

She lay on a sofa like bed as they carried her down the halls of Driftmark, she would miss the smell of the salt and the sounds of the waves and the cold walls that held many memories. She lay in a heap, her blanket was lain over her legs as she was rested upon many cushions.

She smiles weakly at Baela and Rhaena as the guards had taken her on the docks and away from the castle, she swiftly waves gently to Rhaenyra as she and her family were going to Dragonstone. Helaena was soon taken onto the ship, and watched carefully as Dreamfyre followed behind Sunfyre as her brother took up into the skies with Vhagar who was not too far behind.

Helaena was soon placed into the royal ship quarters where her father lay weakling, folded over, sleeping peacefully. She sighs and as the rocking of the ship, bouncing off of the waves lulled her to sleep as the milk of the poppy took it's toll on her.

Laenor and Quarl were getting ready to fight until Corlys' study chambers opened abruptly, "stop this madness, right now!" Rhaenys shouts causing Laenor to glance at her in shock, both men put their swords away.

"M-Mother-" Laenor stammers, "we-"

"I know what you were planning, as does Corlys! Do you think this is right? To cause us even more pain after we just lost your sister!" She says sternly, "I cannot bare to loose another one of my children!"

"I'm sorry," he mutters as his eyes cast downwards. "I wasn't actually...going to be killed..."

"What do you mean, boy?" Corlys storms into his study glaring at Laenor and his lover, "what is the meaning of this?"

Laenor sighs, "Rhaenyra and I are not happy. We have never been since the starting of our marriage, the gods created me differently and even though Rhaenyra loves me, she doesn't see me as a husband." He says confessing everything, "her children will still be mine as I have raised them, but they were not sired by me. I couldn't fulfil my duty...so, those boys will still be my own. I was going to fake my death and go live a free life while Rhaenyra and Daemon would marry."

Corlys and Rhaenys stare at their son with shock, Corlys didn't care that Laenor had not sired his grandsons, all he cared about was that he forced his son into an unhappy marriage for ten years when he's been in love with men. Corlys hated that he'd been so judgmental and blind, and even cruel to his son, and to make him go this far to fake his own death.