four

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER, Helaena sat in her chambers with her Mother at the table besides her, her Mother had enjoyed her picture and wished to sit with her daughter as she drew a centipede. Helaena decides to have the whole conversation again about the centipede, she loved seeing her Mother so involved with her and so loved that she even decided to share her own interests with Helaena.

Helaena was adding her shades to the picture, "this one has twenty rings and two pairs of legs on each. A centipede has eyes, though I don't believe it can see."

"Why is that so?" Alicent questions, "do you think?"

"It is beyond our understanding." She mutters, she was truly talking about their Father, the King.

The man could see that Rhaenyra's children were not Velaryon, but he really didn't want to believe it, so no, he couldn't see. She smiled though and looked up getting more of the colour on her brush, giving the canvas gentle strokes.

"I suppose you are right, some things just are." The woman smiles, and glanced towards the door where a dirt covered Aemond stood with a guard holding onto him. "Aemond!" She rushed from the chair and over to her Son. "What have you done!"

"He did it again," Helaena mumbles grabbing another canvas and setting it across from her.

"After how many times you have been warned, must I have you confined to your chambers!" Alicent raised her voice.

Aemond interjects, "they made me do it!"

"As if you needed encouragement! Your obsession with those beats goes beyond understanding." She really couldn't understand her Son, Helaena watched all of this from the table.

"They gave me a pig!" Her brother shouts, "they said they found a dragon for me, but it was a pig."

"The last rings has no rings at all." Helaena mutters as she looked down at her centipede.

Alicent looks at Aemond, "you will have a dragon one day, I know it."

"He'll have to close an eye." Helaena's mouth went dry, her Father's words echoed through her head, a sacrifice. She couldn't save them all....but she would fix what was right.

Aemond looked away, "they all laughed." Alicent sighs and pulls him in for an embrace, they stayed like that for a few moments until Helaena spoke up.

"Aemond, come paint with me." She called out as she added little details to her art work. She looked at Aemond who looked back at her over their Mother's shoulder with a furrow of his brows.

"Yes, perhaps you could spend more time with your sister while I deal with this." Alicent agreed while fixing her skirts and began walking away, the door shut gently behind her as Aemond approached the table with red-rimmed eyes.

"Here! These are the paints I have done already, and see this is a centipede!" She rushes to explain, she shows him the paintings she's already done, he sat there in a silent awe as he watches her pull canvas after canvas out. "I even made this for you a couple of days ago, it is dry now!" She pulls out the green dragon, and put it next to him.

"This is....This is really good, Helaena, thank you." He mumbles as he looks at them all. "You are very talented."

"Thank you, Aemond." Helaena shouts, "here, you paint too!" She practically forced the cups of paint brushes towards him.

"What do I paint?" He questions very confused.

Helaena looks up at him with an innocent little grin, "anything you want. I'm painting bugs and animals, you could paint dragons or anything you really like."

"Okay," he dragged off seeming very unsure, but they both sat there in comfortable silence painting.

Helaena would pipe up sometimes about what her insects are and what they were, and whatever Aemond would paint which was quite messy, though Helaena will not say it, but she will explain the history of whatever he'd draw.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

The squeak of the door caught the girls attention and she squealed very loudly, and bounced in her seat when she noticed maids bringing in a huge toy chest, the King had kept to his word and got her dolls and stuffed animals. Aemond watched his sister kick her legs in delight, he watched her thank the maids who bowed to her before scurrying away.

Helaena rushed towards the chest that was beautifully carved and decorated as if it were made perfectly for a Princess such as herself. She opened the lid and pulled it up, she saw many different toys.

There were stuffed animals of many different kinds of creatures and insects, and lots of dolls; many of Princesses and even ones of knights. Her painting soon forgotten, the door opened again this time two guards holding what looked to be a doll house in the shape of a castle, it was carpentered perfectly, they smiled gently at her before leaving. She turned to Aemond who looked very confused, "Aemond, come play with me!"

Helaena was lucky the boy had done paining anyways, he came over and sat with her in front of the chest. "What would you like to play?" He asks his sister, he'd never seen her so happy before with just toys sitting in front of her, he wanted her to keep being happy.

"Hm, Princess and Knight!" She cheers excitedly, she didn't know the way her brother looked like her, she had a child ent wonder look on her face, she looked very very happy.

She grabbed the porcelain doll with the little pink dress, and grabbed the knight that was wearing a small real ironed suit, and handed it to Aemond. She then grabbed the two dragon stuffed animals and let the Princess have the purple while giving her brother the blue one. "Okay, do you have a role or just go with it?"

She giggles, "I didn't think about that." She then glanced at him, "a Princess and her Protector!" She turned to the toy castle.

"A Princess and her Protector?" He asked amused, "okay, and is the knight saving the Princess from the dragons?" Helaena nods. "Alright, let's play."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧
double chapters!

these chapters are going to
be small because she is just a kid
and I'm just showing snippets
of how this family will love helaena.

if you want to see anything or
want me to write an idea, tell me
I'll tag you!

thanks for reading!
vote, comment & follow!
<3