five

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

A DAY LATER, HELAENA WAS WATCHING her brothers train, she stood next to her Father and the Lord Hand Strong. She watched as they hit the straw posts, but then move onto Ser Criston. Helaena clapped her hands lightly watching them do good even if they weren't even hitting the man, her attention once more caught onto her Nephews.

Lucerys was watching the fight while angling his sword, and Jacaerys' attention was back onto her once more. He looked as though he really wanted to talk to her on the matter that she had rejected, but she knew he'd get over it, he would have Baela in the future.

She watched Ser Criston and Ser Harwin Strong share a look of disdain for one another, she knew she'd have to change that.

Aemond looked up noticing she was there and gave her smile which she kindly returned, Aegon too glanced up but rolled his eyes and went back to fighting. Helaena turned her attention to their Father who observed the scene, she shared a quick glance with the Lord Hand before looking back down at them.

She watches her Mother's guard roughly grab Jacaerys by his chest plate and order Aegon to face him. She winced at the way her older brother held his sword while her Nephew looked like he didn't have a clue on what he was doing. Helaena's eyes narrowed she she looked on, Aemond looked very pleased with himself and she knew he was having the time of his life out of this as he was embarrassed by his Nephew yesterday with the pig.

The fight started, Jacaerys had no chance against her skilled older brother who'd gotten the upper hand – knocking the sword from his Nephew's hand, pushing him to the ground. Their Nephew didn't back down, and some foul play started happening between them both, but of course the orders were given by Ser Criston while Ser Harwin Strong goaded and coached Jacaerys.

Helaena had moved away from her Father and started to descend down the steps. She watched in fear of what was to come, "Aegon!" The King calls out as her brother yells at Ser Harwin Strong for putting his hands on him, for protecting Jacaerys.

She watched as Ser Criston started to antagonise the man, she watched her brothers just stand there looking all innocent while her Nephew's seemed afraid of the tension that started to arise between the two knights.

Suddenly, Helaena surged forward knowing what was about to happen and before Ser Harwin could raise his fist onto her Mother's protector's face, she called out innocently, "are you helping my brothers and nephews train Ser Harwin?"

Everyone turned to the Princess who stood there with a smile on her face, holding her doll close to her chest. The man stares at her with kindness, "ah, yes giving a few pointers, Princess." He nods his head towards her as he stacks the swords up. "Did you enjoy what you watched?"

"It was...interesting," she said softly, trying to find words for the training she'd just watched. She didn't spare Ser Criston a glance as he looked between she and Ser Harwin Strong. "You should teach more often, you teach fairly." She decided to jab at the man who told her brother to cause violence.

Ser Harwin suddenly had an amused smirk on his face and directed it towards Cole who kept his eyes on the two, Aemond had came closer to her while Aegon watched her. "Ah, yes, I wish I could, but that is up to the King."

"I suppose so, I could ask him for you." She replied back with, the man gave her a small bow before cutting in, "– you do not have to do that, Princess."

"– Princess," Ser Criston cut in causing her to glance at him. "Perhaps, you should go back to playing with your dolls and let the men and the young Prince's do what they are suppose to do." He looked slightly annoyed at her for what she was suggesting.

"I was merely suggesting that I could ask my Father to place Ser Harwin with you to help train them." She said innocent, fiddling with her dolls dress.

"That will not be needed," he said to her confidently before turning to the other knight. "Manipulating the Princess are we now, Strong? Trying to protect your Sons? Trying to get the Princess to let your protect your own kin?" He mocks, "I will not allow that to happen. You have already gotten away with things you should not have gotten away with such as producing bastards with the Princess Rhaenyra." He said raising his voice, though only Ser Harwin and Helaena could really only hear what was said, but people heard snippets also.

Helaena gasps loudly at the offensive language, she drops her doll and puts her hand over her ears. Ser Harwin picked up the porcelain doll that surprisingly didn't break by the fall and turned to glare at the knight, "you dare use that language in front of the Princess?" He calls out quite loudly, "you speak of me wrongly, and yet you have made the mistake of speaking like that in front of a child, a Princess nonetheless."

Ser Harwin Strong gave Helaena her doll back and told one of the boys to take her back to her chambers but it was too late, Ser Criston had made another jab and this time about Rhaenyra. Helaena kept her eyes on the ground as she heard the two men physically fighting one another, Helaena rushed where she came from ignoring Aemond's concerned calls for her, she rushed passed her Father who also called out for her and the Lord Hand who kept his eyes on the fight.

She rushed towards her Mother's chambers and quickly entered without knocking. She had tears down her face, she couldn't stop it, she knew Ser Harwin was going to die, she rushed into her Mother's embrace, the woman stumbles and glanced down at her daughter with worry, and no matter how many times she had asked Helaena, the Princess did not answer.

Helaena only mutters that there was a fight at the training grounds and words were said, horrible, terrible words that shouldn't have been said. The Queen glanced at her with concern, she was so very angry that whatever was said; was said in front of her daughter. She was going to have a discussion with the King and whoever was involved, to Alicent, this wasn't acceptable, not in her book.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧
triple chapter?
yes, it is.

helaena can't save everyone.
but she can diss people she dislikes.

thanks for reading!
vote, comment & tell me what you think!
<3