On the road again...

AJ soon returns, holding my bag. 

"What's in here anyway?" He asks. 

"I dunno..." I respond. He opens it. Minerva quickly takes the back from him.

"Is this what you stayed in the boat for?" She asks, showing me the bag full of joints. I giggle.

"Yep." I answer. 

"Oh my god..." She says, disappointed. "AJ, wanna carry the bag?" She asks. 

"Sure!" He responds, putting it on his back.

They begin walking. I feel bad though, having Minerva carry me like this. 

"You can set me down..." I mumble.

"Are you sure babe?" She asks.

"Mhm." I respond. She lowers me. We continue walking... I'm so fucking nauseous.

I look at my hands, they are shaking. Why do I feel like this? Nothing is wrong. Fuck why can't I breathe? I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine? Im not fine... Fuck fuck fuck what do I do what do I do I can't breathe why can't I breathe. 

I continue walking, shakey as hell. I stay behind the two as they make small talk.

My eyes won't focus on anything.... My ears are ringing. It's so loud. It sounds like static.... It sounds like when you fall asleep in the living room with the tv playing your favorite cartoon, you can't process the words but you are hearing speaking. 

I just keep putting one foot Infront of the other. I keep looking forward.

I'm tired...

I'm so tired....

I feel my feet fall from beneath me, I hit the ground. I keep my head from hitting the ground by catching myself with my elbow 

"Clem!" AJ says, panicked. He bends down, examining me.

"I'm... I'm fine. I just lost my footing alright?" I say, sitting up. Minerva gives me a worried look. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks. I nod.

I hear Minerva sigh. She kneels down and picks me back up, holding me on her back again.

"Maybe we should stay at the school until she's better..." AJ suggests.

" No. " Minerva responds.

"Why?" He asks.

" It's not safe there. " She says.

"Why isn't it safe?" He asks, upset

"Because it's just.... They aren't people you can trust.... Not anymore" Minnie says.

I put my face against the nook of her neck The two continue to walk. I close my eyes.

"What are we doing once we get to the delta?" AJ asks.

" The delta's gone. We are getting the people left and return to the Alpha." Minerva answers.

" Oh... That's why you wouldn't let me go back to get Clem? " He asks.

" Yep... " She responds. "We will be there in like an hour or so... " Minerva adds.

"What will happen when we get back to the Alpha? " He asks.

" We'll be assigned somewhere knew while the Delta is rebuilt. It won't take long." She answers.

" Is the Alpha real? I've never been there... " AJ