Chapter 14: A Step Closer

Ladies and gentlemen, your closeted lesbians, yayyy!!!

November, Thursday - Miami FL

Hairspray, and lots of it; meet Lauren and Marilyn's best friend. Humidity, sweat, and thrashing; meet their hair's worst enemies. No amount of hairspray was good enough yet, the twins were convinced the styles they aimed to achieve wouldn't hold for the kind of night they were about to have. Standing side by side in the bathroom mirror at Danny's place, one tired arm raised to hold chunks of abundant black and brown hair while the other takes care of the spraying, the twins were nearly through with the last part of their appearance.

Their eyes were blacked out with eyeshadow and eyeliner—Lauren's more than Marilyn—their full lips took on a somber shade of blood red with a flattering contrast of blush a lighter shade, and they both loaded up on their collection of bracelets for their wrists to accessorize. Lauren wore a much tamer outfit compared to the scandalous all black shredded denim top, skirt and fishnets that clung tightly to Marilyn's voluptuous frame, inspired August's fantasy of a slutty version of Joan Jett; but her outfit could still be considered scandalous when you account for the compression strappy crop top generous with the showing of skin through the wide slits around the valley of her breasts and her shoulders, punk arm warmers, and dark loose fitted jeans. Lauren wore beat up chucks, Marilyn wore high top combats. Marilyn stuck with her usual full hair blown out straight and away from her face, Lauren maintained her waves and gave it some extra volume for the drama.

"I look good, right?" asked Lauren out of the blue.

Marilyn met her sister through the mirror's reflection and gave her appearance a quick scan before frowning with approval. "Yeah, bitchin'."

"You sure?"

"Totally. Do I look good?"

Lauren rolled her eyes. "Like that's even a valid question coming from you. Why do you always wear tight clothing though? How can you even breathe most of the time?"

"Anything loose on me makes me look fatter than I already am. Like if we were to swap wardrobes, I'd have enough reason to hate myself without it having anything to do with your sense of fashion. Get me?"

"Kinda. You're not fat though."

"I'm not skinny."

"But still not fat. You think too much about that stuff meanwhile everyone thinks you're perfect."

Marilyn smiled tenderly at her sister. "True. But honestly, looks won't even matter tonight. It'd be the furthest thing on our minds once the microdot kicks in," she gave her hair one last round of hairspray before putting the tall canister down.