Chapter 16: Reality

[Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana]

For the next couple of days, games were played. What kind of games you might ask?

The first day of the week back at school in each other's presence again was impossible to bear considering they had to stay away from each other. Did they? No, of course not. Karla made sure of that. At first it started off with the brushing of hands when passing the other by in the jam packed hallways during schedule changes, stolen glances by the lockers and inside the cafeteria. In the classes they shared together, Karla would relax in her chair when everybody took the liberty of socialising after the teacher had done away with lecturing, and her eyes would follow Lauren who purposely moved around the room to draw as much attention to herself as frequently as possible. She wanted to be seen, Karla wanted nothing more than to give her what she wanted. So whenever the black haired girl was positioned at an angle to meet the cheerleader's eyes, she was instantly trapped with a coy smirk and the slow graze of Karla's teeth across her bottom lip she had licked before. Every fucking time, a suggestive action.

A moan when stretching and an apology muttered to the class when their heads turned; brushing her hand over Lauren's forearm when passing through the aisle to toss away the tiniest shred of paper or something imaginary into the trash; the bending over a friend's desk in front of Lauren to hand out a flyer to the next person when she pretended to be too lazy to simply go around. Karla ended Lauren's—and her own—misery when she slipped a note into her hand on their way out the theatre classroom, requesting her presence in the staircase above the auditorium she discovered no one goes to.

They attacked each other on the steps when they were finally alone there, playing a quick paced game of catch and release with their lips. Karla's back would bruise when Lauren would knock her up against the purple brick walls, and her hips would writhe uncontrollably when Lauren would sit her down and push her to lie back against the cold hard steps with her knee pressed into her center. Karla reminded Lauren what she felt like turned on and Lauren reminded Karla what it felt like to have that certain itch scratched.

The back of the media centre got used to them as well. Albeit they were still cautious, carelessness was their new best friend—the persuasive devil on their shoulders, if you will. Rather than turning pages of some book they should probably be reading up on for English projects, they were turning their heads to look out for intruders in between sticking their tongues down each other's throats, doing their (worst) best to be as silent as mice when one's hands inevitably went down the other's pants for a racy feel.

In the middle of the week, during standardised testing in most classrooms, Lauren escaped the music room to "take a piss". Running down the empty hallway en route to the bathroom closest to where she knew Karla was restricted to, Lauren also found the nearest fire alarm and pulled it. The commotion in the building made it all too easy to whisk the cheerleader away from the hoard exiting the school. The girls giggled hysterically as Lauren locked themselves in the last stall farthest from the door to get her fix.

Thursday they had agreed to make the excuse of leaving the house late in the evening to get something from the supermarket, and obviously throwing in the willingness to pick up anything their parents may need to save them from having to run the errand after a long day hard at work. They met up in the only place they could let loose and be as loud as they pleased without consequences, keeping to the barn for a solid hour of working out their bodies. Lauren was improving, Karla had learned a thing or two and wasn't afraid to try it on Lauren. She figured they could probably do more than the usual they were fine with, like maybe going down on each other or doing something called 'scissoring' she had heard about when eavesdropping on the football team making a crude joke about Lauren.