Chapter 1: I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend

A/N: Welcome! So a few things:

·The soundtrack will be mostly 90s/80s/70s music but there will also be certain songs from the 21st century that sound like they're from past eras. If you dig rock, great. If not...don't listen to most of the songs recommended.

·A lot of angst in this fic. Undercooked cupcakes, this is your warning to back out now. And certain topics that are very touchy to some people will be discussed openly and without responses you'd typically hear in todays world, so please refrain from bitching about it and expecting so much out of these characters. HOWEVER this is lighter than WDTE.

·I was born in 2000. Anyone who grew up in the 90s, feel free to share some experiences to help make this story more authentic. I know some stuff but not enough.

·Do not be surprised when there are insensitive comments, homophobic remarks/slurs, or internalised racism. This isn't We Don't Talk Enough, this is somewhat like Los Carnales - a lot of these bitches ain't correct or woke with 2020 mindsets. A lot of people would be scared here. A lott of people would be scared here, and I'll name em.

I hope you guys enjoy. I'm gonna do my best to make this good and shorter than my typical long fics.

****Read my message board or the final note in the casting chapter in case your question is why is this back if I said I'm not gonna put it back. :)****

-

[Play Self Esteem by The Offspring at the start of this chapter]

August 18th, 1995
Friday, 7:00am - Miami, Florida

'La la la-la-la! La la la-la-la!'

No one is ever excited for school - especially in the early morning when your parents wake you up after a long night of not sleeping or when you realise the dreadful fact that it is a Monday. Luckily for students everywhere, it was a Friday; the first day of school happened to land on a Friday, which meant those not prepared for a 100 and something days of suffering had at least two more days to get their shit together. That's right, cry it all out or come up with a genius excuse that'll make your parents agree to let you stay home. Or just work out a plan on how you can cut without getting caught and make the most of the school year despite the high chance of flunking.

The Jaureguis were always up and moving with the exception of Marilyn--Lauren's fraternal twin sister--who didn't fret about getting ready and getting anywhere on time. Which was great because that gave Lauren enough time to get ready in the family bathroom without Marilyn hogging up the small space before she could, taking too much time to tease her hair and make herself look so bitchin that anybody would wanna bang her. Today Lauren rocked an oversized purple and brown flannel shirt, a black band tee, loose high waisted denim jeans, and folded combat boots. Her hair wasn't the most presentable looking considering she never prioritised brushing it, but pushing back a pair of shades over her hairline seemed to do the trick. Oh, and eyeliner. Couldn't leave the house without bringing out the green in her eyes.

Marilyn's eyes were green, too. She didn't need makeup to make them pop much but she always wore it regardless. For someone who literally mainly wore tight black jeans and the smallest tanktop that made her (already big) boobs look bigger, you'd think it'd take a minute tops to change into that but NOPE. Marilyn made it her business to take ten minutes to throw new clothing on and twenty-five minutes for hair and makeup. They were on a time limit, their parents had to go to work but wanted to have breakfast with the family before saying goodbye, and if they wanted to catch a ride to school that wasn't the bus they'd best hurry up and hop in with Lauren's boyfriend Danny before he impatiently took off.