ready or not.

Jamaica

Tears run down my face as the car comes to a complete halt.  In the middle of the freaking expressway. I didnt even get that far away from Durk. Maybe I got 20 minutes away that's it. He wasnt lying when he said he really needed gas.

" FUCK!" I scream, hitting the steering wheel hard, probably hurting my hand but I didn't care.

I wouldve gotten out the car... but I literally cant, cars are passing me, plus I'm in the middle of the express way. Plus I was no where near an exit to try to run off. Maybe I shouldve let him get the gas first then took the car. That wouldve been smarter. I have no money, no phone, no anything. I felt so clueless out here by myself. Which was never anything I felt before.

I take a deep breath trying to calm myself down because I was in complete distress as I try to think of my next move. That's when I hear someone knocking on the car window.  I sigh, opening the car door to see it was an officer. Just what I needed right now.

" Ma'am is it a problem?" He asks, looking at me through his sunglasses.

" No, my car had stopped, I ran out of has trying to hurry to get a gas station ", I lie to him, putting on a fake smile.

" Can I sew your license and registration please ", he says in a bored tone.

" Um I don't actually have it with me... I left it at home rushing to work", I say to him.

" I thought you were going to the gas station?" He asks, looking at me.

" I was, I was going to the gas station then to my job ", I say to him, trying to gather my lie together quickly.

" Well you're lying", he says to me bluntly, sighing.

" What? What makes you say that?" I ask him, a little scared I got caught in this lie.

" This isn't your car, I know the owner, now step out of the car with your hands above your head", he says backing away from me.

I sigh rolling my eyes as I get out of the car with my hands up, the car keys ik n my hand. He snatches it out my hand then process to handcuff me and put me in the backseat of the police car. Just when I thought this day couldn't get no worse... it did. Now I was arrested.  I should've thought this escape through because now I'm actually regretting doing this.