Thirteen

Jake

Beep beep. Beeeeep. Beep beep. Beeeeep. Beep beep. Beeeeep.

My hand blindly reaches toward the night stand and smacks around until my palm, finally, hits the snooze button. Before I'm fully brought into consciousness, warmth nuzzles into my right side and lets out an adorable sigh of content. The girls have been here for two weeks now and waking up to Briar everyday has been a literal dream. I leave a kiss on her head as I try to inch out from underneath her without jostling the bed too much. I was not successful, because now the foot connected to the leg she had hooked over my hip is tucked under my thigh, effectively seatbelt buckling me to the bed.

"Five more minutes, flyboy? Please? I'm not ready to let you go yet," Briar breathes out in a sleepy whine. I lay my head back down against the pillow and chuckle as her face buries itself in my neck.

"We're gonna have a little girl that looks and acts just like her mama one day. I'm not gonna be able to tell her no either, and it's alllllll your fault. You know that, right?" I tease as I leave sleepy kisses across her face.

Briar smiles. "Ah ah, can't blame me. Rebbie looks nothing like me and you can't say no to her either. You're weak, Seresin." She punctuates her playful insult with a nip at my jaw and soothes it with a kiss.

At the mention of her name, Rebel's head perks up from where she sleeps at the foot of the bed and she happily plops between us.

"That's a lie, you both give me fucking adorably pitiful puppy eyes. I'm totally being overrun by cute girls that I don't want to say no to." I rub behind Reb's ears and give Briar one last kiss as my alarm goes off again then head into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I'm finally able to check my phone at lunch time and about have a heart attack over what Briar sends me.

I'm so excited that the rest of the Daggers are back on base tonight

I'm so excited that the rest of the Daggers are back on base tonight. We've all made plans to meet at the Hard Deck to catch up and have some drinks, plus everyone is dying to meet the girl that has Jake Hangman Seresin happily turning down women and fumbling over his own feet for. Given that Briar already knows her brother (obviously), Javy, Rooster, and Phoenix, she'll be making a lot of introductions tonight. Bob is supposedly bringing Morgann out tonight, but they've been worse than us with wanting to leave their rooms to be social so we'll see.

Part of the agreement to be permanently stationed in North Island is being instructors for the Top Gun classes, which is what Rook and I have been up to all day. Thankfully we're dismissed at 5pm on the dot tonight and we're planning on meeting the girls at Penny's right away. Rook and I rode to work together in my truck this morning so the girls could meet us at the bar without extra vehicles to finagle. Watching through the window, I see Briar and Mal hop out of the jacked up AT4 Sierra that belongs to none other than my backseater. The itty bitty girls jumping out of giant SUV is a picture that just doesn't match. Sure as shit makes me chuckle every time though. Waiting for the girls to make their way in, we go ahead and order their drinks so they won't have to wait long. I wince involuntarily when I notice Pen isn't manning the bar tonight and instead find Mackenzie with her eyes locked intently on me.