Fourteen

Briar

Per our usual Saturday tradition, Jake and I stay in bed until we're ready to get up then make our way to the gym for an ass kicking workout. It started when we were hooligans in high school, going to parties in an empty field on the outskirts of town and making our livers work overtime. We used to think we were so smart, telling our parents that we were sleeping over at a friend's house and figuring they were none the wiser. Joke's on us, they definitely knew because there's no way a big ass bonfire and their dwindling booze stashes went unnoticed. It's probably why all in season sports had Saturday morning practices that typically consisted of conditioning, now that I think about it. Coach Kyle (the football and baseball coach) and Coach Trish (the cheer coach) were married and always had the two teams condition together, so Mal and I always found ourselves dragging our hungover asses to practice with Jake and Rook. Our routine evolved as we got older, since Saturdays were game days once Mal and I got to college and we spent those days doing game day prep as cheerleaders. The boys also had their strict routines at the academy and their own PT schedule. It changed with adulthood, fitting in a workout around our jobs and when they could visit, but we made sure to go on a Saturday morning if we could. Given that I'm still currently unemployed, my Saturdays along with every day that ends in Y, are free.

"Please remind me why our dumbasses are still doing this? We're getting too old," I whine as Jake wraps my wrists before we start lifting.

"The plan is to age like fine wine, baby!" He teases before dropping a kiss to my red knuckles. "You sure you're up for lifting today? Hand's not too sore?" The question is referring to the fact I laid two well placed hits to the red headed bitch last night.

I scoff. "Jay, you're the one who taught me to throw a punch. As if it'd be done any less than textbook perfectly. I'm just fine." I lean forward and kiss him as he finishes wrapping my hands.

"Damn straight I did," he smirks.

We start with a 3 mile run on the treadmills and decide to make today a leg day. Jake groans at my choice and it makes me laugh.

"Sorry, pretty boy. I know you wanted to watch me drool over your arms today, but my calves are getting skinny." I tease and slap his butt before heading over to grab some free weights for lunges.

Jake

She mistook my groan over lunges for wanting to do upper body instead.  That's not even remotely close to why.  It's because she's gonna want me to spot her for squats and having her ass pop up and down in front of me is likely to make something else pop.  I start and max out at 450, Bry has to slap me on the back a couple of times to help me push through the last set.  I'm very much looking forward to returning the favor for her.  Half pint impresses me with the weight she can push and I have to think about Rebel shitting on my pillow to not get hard.  B stumbles and I'm quick to help her rack the bar. 

"I can't do it Jake," she pants out. 

"Just a few more baby," I encourage. 

She shakes her head at me in the mirror as she stands up straight.  I take the opportunity to snake my hand around her neck and tip her head back to look up at me.  I give her throat a little squeeze, "C'mon honey, my girl's not a quitter.  You got it.  Be a good girl and finish the set."   My hand slides down from her neck and slaps her ass and B's eyes flare with a new fire.  She quickly grips the bar and finishes her set, flopping on the floor after she racks the bar. 

"Carry me to the truck?  I think my legs are over cooked noodles at this point," she pouts her cute lip at me. 

"As if I could ever tell you no," I tease and bite her bottom lip before tossing her over my shoulder in a fireman's carry. 

Once the puddle that once was Briar is settled in the passenger seat, I climb into the driver's seat and make the short drive home.  My hand finds it's regular place on her thigh, rubbing gentle circles.

"I know leg day was my idea, but I'm really stupid and should not be trusted because ow." Briar whines from my right, making me chuckle. 

"What time do you wanna head over to Penny and Mav's house for the game?"

"By the time we shower and I get ready, it'll be time to go with how slow I'll be moving on my noodle legs.  She also told me she wanted to talk about what happened with the little she devil last night, said she's not mad and probably would have done the same thing based on what she heard.  She still wants to know my side of the story before deciding on whether or not she fires her.  I almost feel bad, but she was just a disrespectful, straight up, see you next Tuesday!" Briar huffs, clearly stirred up over reliving the situation. 

"It will never not make me smile that you can't just say she's a cunt, pretty girl." I tease with a kiss to her head. 

"Well, my mama did try to raise a lady so small miracles I guess?" She shrugs, blushing. 

We arrive at the house, and as predicted, Bry does take a good bit longer than normal to get ready because of how tired her legs are.  Soon, we're dressed and ready to go, Briar's famous Buffalo chicken dip in her lap as I turn the truck in the direction of Mitchell home.  Mav and Penny graciously invited us all over to watch UT play OU, the big rival game.  Honestly, the energy surrounding it is comparable to the Super Bowl and we look forward to it every year. 

Briar

I place the dip on the table in the kitchen and move to hug Penny. 

"Pen, I'm so sorry about what happened last night.  I'm embarrassed and -" before I can continue, she cuts me off. 

"Oh no honey, I'm not mad at you!  I'd honestly do the same if some little bimbo blatantly hit on Mav like Mackenzie did with Jake, let alone her insulting you.  I wanted to tell you in person that I've let her go.  I'd hate to think you and Jake wouldn't want to come to the Hard Deck so you could avoid her, and I'd choose any of the Dagger boys and their women over her pretentious little ass anyway.  It's all good, sweetheart."

Penny hugs me tightly to squeeze her point home, then we head into the living room to join the boys as the rest of the crew trickles in as well.