Chapter 7: Chat Blanc

Noah POV

I landed on a roof and continued to chase after Chat Noir on foot, leaping over gaps and dodging obstacles in my path. Chat Noir used his staff to pole vault over a large gap, landing on the other side with a smirk. I glided off the building and descended towards Chat Noir, kicking him to the ground.

 I glided off the building and descended towards Chat Noir, kicking him to the ground

"Give it up, Chat Noir! Marinette will never love you." I said with a scowl.

"What do you know!?" He shouted as he got up.

"Because A: she's already in love with someone else. And B: she won't love a spineless coward who tells others to take the high road, Adrien Agreste." I replied, much to his shock.

"H-how did you know?" He gasped.

"You made it too obvious. The stalking, the gifts. It took me a while to put two and two together until I finally managed to figure out that Chat Noir and Adrien are the same person." I replied.

Chat Noir got up and glared at me with contempt. Suddenly, his glare turned into a smirk as he looked over my shoulder. I looked back and saw an akuma. Before I could shoot it down, he grabbed the akuma and pushed it into his bell.

"Hawkmoth. This is Chat Noir. I'll give you my miraculous along with Ladybug's, Red Hawk's and Golden Jaguar's miraculous." He said.

To my horror, his outfit and hair turned from black and blonde to snow white. His eyes changed from green to icy blue. As soon as his transformation ended, he darted towards me, hurling punches and kicks at me while I parried and blocked the blows as best as I could until he snapped a kick at me and sent me sliding across the ground. Before he could finish me off, Golden Jaguar deflected his staff with hers and helped me up.

"Thanks, Goldie." I said as I pulled out my bow.

"Didn't know we're on nickname bases, Flyboy." She replied with a grin.

"Don't push your luck." I replied as we faced Chat Noir.

"Good. Now that you're here, I get to take both your miraculous at the same time." He said with a grin.

"What's up with Chat Noir?" Golden Jaguar asked.

"I go by Chat Blanc now, Golden Jaguar. After all, white suits me better. Goes well with the eyes." He said as he darted towards us.

Chat Blanc slashed his claws at Golden Jaguar, knocking her back. I fired my arrow at him, but he deflected it with his staff and snapped a kick at my torso. As soon as I flipped back onto my feet, I ducked under his staff and stabbed an arrow in his thigh, causing him to shout out in pain. Golden Jaguar turned her staff into a whip and ensnared it around him. Chat Blanc laughed and pulled Golden Jaguar towards him by her whip and threw her towards the edge. Before she could recover, Chat Blanc pinned her to the ground and reached for her necklace.

"GET BACK!" I shouted and fired my arrow at Chat Blanc, knocking him back. He recovered and glowered in rage.

"Goldie, you ok?" I asked.

"I'm fine. It's just a scratch." She said as she covered her wounded arm.

Chat Blanc darted towards us again. I quickly swapped my bow into a staff and fought Chat Blanc while the crowd took pictures and watched from below us. I swung my staff at Blanc, only for him to parry my strike and slash his claw at my cheek, knocking me back. Before I could recover, he kicked me in the chest and knocked me onto the ground. As I got up, I saw Golden Jaguar fighting Chat Blanc until the akuma grabbed her arm and elbowed her in the shoulder, dislocating it.  I darted towards him and swung my staff at him.

"Fool." He said as he dodged and plunged his claws into my stomach, drawing blood.

As soon as he kicked me back, Chat Blanc fired his cataclysm at me. The white bullet crashed into my torso and knocked me off the roof. I fired my arrow at a ledge and hung onto the strand of rope, dangling onto it as I held my wounded stomach and the black scar. My hands slipped from the rope and I found myself plummeting towards the ground until Ladybug and Golden Jaguar caught me and set me onto the ground.

"Took you long enough." I coughed.

"Hang in there, Flyboy." Golden Jaguar said.

"Damn it, I was too late. The cataclysm will spread throughout his body." Ladybug said.

"What happens afterwards?" Golden Jaguar asked.

Ladybug looks away, unable to tell her. Golden Jaguar grabbed her shoulders and forced her to turn around.

"Ladybug, what happens when the cataclysm consumes the victim!?" She demanded.

"Their fate is sealed." I replied.

Marinette POV

Golden Jaguar's face swapped from anger to complete shock. Red Hawk coughed up some blood as he tried to get up.

"What are you doing!?" I called.

"If I'm going to die. Then, at least I'll do it after beating Chat Blanc to a bloody pulp." He wheezed, wiping away blood from his lips.

"Are you suicidal!? You heard what Ladybug said! If you continue onwards, you'll die!" Golden Jaguar shouted.

"And if we don't stop Chat Blanc, someone else will die!" Red Hawk replied angrily.

"Think for yourself, Flyboy! If you have any family or friends, think about how they would react if you died!" Golden Jaguar called.

Before Red Hawk was about to reply, I stopped him with a hand on his shoulder.

"I got an idea. I know someone who can help you. I think you already know." I said.

"What do you mean?" Golden Jaguar asked.

"The guardian of the miraculous. The old man who gave Ladybug and Chat Noir their miraculous. He'll help us out. Golden Jaguar, I need you to go and take him there." I said.

"OK. But, what about you?" She asked.

"I'm going to go and hold off Chat Blanc as long as I can. Now, get going." I replied.

Golden Jaguar wished me luck and carried Red Hawk on her shoulders, running through the alleyway. I hurled up my yo-yo onto a ledge and swung upwards to the roof where Chat Blanc waited for me with a smirk. Blood stained his white claws, much to my chagrin.

"You weren't supposed to use the miraculous on a fellow holder or on a civilian, Chat Noir." I said.

"He was in the way, milady. He got what he deserved." He replied with a shrug. His lips turned into a twisted grin.

"I don't suppose you plan to stop me, do you?" He taunted.

"I will. Or die trying." I said as I twirled my yo-yo.

"Then by all means, milady. Let's have one last dance." Chat Blanc purred as he darted towards me.