Chapter 8: Cured By A Dove

Jasmine POV

I panted as I ran through the alleyway with a semi-conscious Red Hawk on my back. As I turned left, I felt Red Hawk slipping off my back. Cursing, I tried to right him up, only to hiss in pain as I looked at the wound on my shoulder.

"Forget about me, just go." Red Hawk said.

"Not happening. You're not getting rid of me that easily." I said as I helped him up.

Suddenly, I saw Fiona dressed in a grey tracksuit and black sneakers. As soon as she saw us, she gasped in shock as she noticed the blood on us.

"Oh My God! Golden Jaguar, you're hurt! And, is that Red Hawk!? What happened to you both!?" She cried.

"No time to explain, I need your help. Help me carry him to a massage shop." I said.

"What? Why not the hospital?" She asked.

Before I could explain, Red Hawk started to cough more violently, spraying blood everywhere. Fiona noticed the look on my face and nodded. Together, we carried him into a Chinese shop where a short Chinese man with chestnut brown eyes was about to close his shop. His hair is medium grey, and he has a moustache, eyebrows, and goatee. He was wearing a red Hawaiian shirt with a white hibiscus flower pattern, tan capri pants, dark brown shoes and a bracelet on his right wrist. As soon as he noticed us, he allowed Red Hawk and I to enter and told Fiona to stay outside.

After swapping to my civilian form, I set him onto a futon while the old man asked me to tell him what happened.

"Chat Blanc. He used Cataclysm on him." I said as I wiped the blood from Red Hawk's torso.

"Chat Blanc. You mean Chat Noir has been akumatized?" He asked.

I nodded. The old man covered his face with his hands in shame and sighed.

"Alright. First, I'll need to get rid of the cataclysm scar on his stomach. Meanwhile, you will clean his wounds. Can you do that?" He instructed.

"Yeah. I can do that." I replied.

The old man nodded and gave me a medic kit. I started to clean and stitch up Red Hawk's wounds. As I continued my work, I noticed that he had other scars on his shoulder, collar and neck. The same ones that were on Noah.

"Wait, could this mean that Noah and Red Hawk are the same person?" I muttered.

As soon as the old man returned, he was holding a hair pin in the form of a dove with a small white dove shaped kwami floating next to him.

"Duubu, Spread your wings!" He shouted, only to exclaim in pain as he clutched his back.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I helped him up.

"Yes, I'm too old to transform. Someone else has to do it." He said.

"Is it OK if I can help?" Fiona asked.

I looked back and saw her, helping Red Hawk with his injuries. 

"Fiona, I-." I was about to say, but Fiona stopped me with a hug.

"I had a feeling that you were Golden Jaguar, but I didn't think I was right." She said.

"You knew?" I asked.

"Of course. But, it doesn't change the fact you're my best friend. And I got your back every step of the way." Fiona replied with a grin.

Red Hawk started coughing up blood, signalling us that this is not the best time for wholesome moments. The old man gave Fiona the dove hair pin and introduced her to Duubu, the dove kwami of healing. After explaining the uses of the miraculous, Fiona put on the hair pin and called out.

"Duubu, Spread your wings!"

Her tracksuit was swapped into a white jumpsuit with a silver short cape, matching gloves, mask and boots. Her platinum blonde hair was untied and stopped at her shoulders.   

"Wow, Fiona

"Wow, Fiona. You look amazing." I gasped.

"Thanks, Jazzie." She giggled as she twirled around, admiring her suit. She cleared her throat and pointed her fan at Red Hawk.

"Heal!" She called.

The cataclysm started to fade away, leaving a scar on his stomach. The injuries from before faded away and turned into scars. Red Hawk got up and groaned.

"What happened? I passed out when I started coughing and-." 

I dived towards him and hugged him tightly. Red Hawk smiled and hugged me back, stroking my hair.

"Don't you ever do that again, Flyboy." I said.

"No promises, Goldie." He replied.

"So, are you two dating or-?" Fiona asked.

"No, we're not." Red Hawk said. His bracelet started to beep.

"I'm gonna go and recharge. Thanks for saving me, Goldie. And your new friend." He said with a grin.

"You can call me Dovette." Fiona said with a smile.

"Thanks, Dovette." Red Hawk replied as he left the shop.

"Now that's done, I believe we have some important business to attend to. Such as a certain akuma to capture and a cat miraculous to obtain." The old man said.

"Right, I forgot about that. LB's getting hammered back there." I said as I fed Spot a macaroon.

"I thought Chat Noir was a good guy." Fiona asked as she swapped to her civilian form to feed Duubu a macaroon.

"Not anymore." I said.

"I see." Fiona replied as she swapped back to Dovette.

Red Hawk appeared outside the shop and knocked on the door.

"We gotta go! Ladybug needs our help!" He called.

"Right. Thanks for the help, Mister." I said.

"You're welcome. And please, call me Fu Wang." He replied as we left to fight the akuma.