12

1927 - Watery Lane
Thursday 4th December, 11:36pm

At 11:36pm, on the cold Thursday night, Isabella was waiting for Finn to return home. She wasn't aware that she was about to enter a rough night. A night which her and Finn never expected to go through. A terrible terrible night.

It started at 5:23pm. Finn was rushing around the kitchen, trying to find a snack to eat on his way to the pub. He had plans to meet Isiah and a few old friends which he had told Isabella about the day before. He told her he would be back at 9:30 latest. But as he rushed around the kitchen something caught his eye. A letter.

He found it difficult to read, he couldn't comprehend what any of the words meant but certain words stood out to him. Those were,

- Issie
- proud
- agencies
- ceremony
- marry us
- Catholic
- wedding

Each of these words made a hundred questions spin around Finn's head. He had an idea that Isabella had arranged to get married to another man. Of course he could not have been more wrong, in fact you could say he was completely out of proportion. But of course this letter angered him. He screwed it up and threw it back into the drawer he found it in, slammed said drawer shut and stormed out the house.

It was fair to say Finn had a few too many pints whilst with Isiah and did much more cocaine than he anticipated to do.

At 9:45, Isabella was sat anxiously at the end of her and Finn's bed, taking multiple looks down the street for any sign of the boy.

At 10:09, Isabella lit a few more candles and opened a new book which she had found in the bottom of the wardrobe.

At 10:30, Isabella was persuading herself not to go out to each pub in Birmingham looking for her husband.

At 11:00, Isabella decided to take her book downstairs and read in front of the fireplace.

At 11:36, Finn came wobbling through the door, with Isiah right behind him.

"Lovely to see you Isabella." Isiah sent her a smile, which made Isabella look back down at her book.

"Go home Isiah." she ordered. Finn looked at Isiah who raised his hands, before walking back out the same door he had just fell through.

"Isiah can stay whenever he wants to." Finn scoffed. Isabella didn't reply and kept her eyes on her book. "Why are you up? Waiting for someone?" 

"I was waiting for you. Two hours after you said you would be home I got worried." she said. She still decided not to look at him. She came to the conclusion that Finn had too much to drink and got carried away, to the point of forgetting about his time which he limited himself too.

"Why worry about me? Why worry when you've got someone else waiting for you?" he spoke, he began to repeatedly say the sentence underneath his breath.

"Dammi la forza."
"Give me strength." Isabella muttered. Finn's eyes shot up to her, trying his best to understand what she said, he wasn't sure if it was because he was drunk or she had chosen to speak another language. He hoped it was because he was drunk. He remembered her only speaking another language when she was angry, and it wasn't the prettiest site to see.

"English please." he replied, he placed his hands firmly onto the sofa to keep himself up.

"I said, give me strength. I've been waiting on you for hours and you come in like this?" she snapped. Finn frowned before nodding.

"But you see, I hoped that you would love me forever, but that's also you not being true to your word. So I guess we're even." he blurted. 

"Finn, you're drunk and you don't have a clue what you're saying." Isabella said. She closed her book and looked at him, he simply shook his head at her and laughed.

"Don't act like I don't know. I've seen the fucking letter, you're getting married." he shouted. Isabella remained sat down with her legs tucked up, she assumed he was referring to Harold's letter but also was confused as to where Finn got that idea from.

"Finn I'm not getting married to anyone." she said. Finn threw his hat onto the floor.

"Don't fucking lie to me. I'm not thick Isabella." he yelled making Isabella laugh at him and opened up her book, before he started to shout once more, "So what is this then is it is? Was this marriage a joke to you? Did you just want to lead me on and fuck me? What Isabella?"

"I didn't have a fucking choice to marry you, even if I wanted a divorce I couldn't fucking get one and it's the last thing I want Finn." she shouted back. Finn stormed off into the kitchen, she heard him opening drawers and cupboards. She stood up and followed to where he was.

"What's this then, Issie. Got a nickname for you as well now. Look at this, agencies, ceremony's, marry, fucking weddings." he shouted, he threw the letter about in his hands and dropped it back into the drawer.

"It's from Harold Finn, he's getting married not me." Isabella said, she leaned against the chair.

"How can I know you're telling the truth? Lies all of it." he shouted.

"He's fucking gay Finn he's the last person you should ever worry about coming near me." Isabella yelled. Finn groaned at this, rubbing his eyes with his hands then looked back at her.

"You're acting like your fucking father." Finn screamed. Of course with Isabella's past experiences with her father, she didn't take Finn's comment lightly.

"Non hai il cazzo di diritto di dirlo, non paragonarmi mai più a lui!"
You had no fucking right to say that, never ever compare me to him again!" Isabella screamed back. She began to shout in Italian, leaving Finn shouting back telling her to speak English but she didn't listen once.

"For fuck sake Isabella English please." he shouted. Isabella paused and looked at him.

"You fucking disgust me." she claimed, Finn took a step back and looked at her.

"Isabella." he spoke.

"Get away Finn." 

Finn looked at her. He didn't realise entirely what he had done wrong, but he knew by the tears which were dropping down her face that he had fucked up. Extremely fucked up.

Isabella grabbed a coat from the door and left the house, leaving Finn alone in the kitchen. He wasn't aware on the affect he had made on Isabella. He didn't know her past and she didn't know his. It was killing him to find out. He trusted her more than anything, even though he had his doubts, he wanted to know her and understand her.

Isabella didn't want to tell him for many reasons. Mostly because she was embarrassed of the events that happened. But also because she didn't want anyone to act any different to her. She didn't want people to feel sorry for her, or be sympathetic. She wanted people to like her for who she was, and not because they pitied her.