15

1928 - York
Tuesday 5th January, 11:35am

It was the day of the York Races for the Shelby family. Tommy went for business which was unknown the the ladies of the family as usual but everyone was eager for a day out.

Esme and Isabella were sat in the bar, Isabella was starting her third glass of gin of the day whereas Esme had been strictly forced to water. 

"I can't wait to get this baby out of me. Bloody ages it feels like and I can't have a fucking drink when it's the York races." Esme complained. Isabella laughed at her softly and held up her glass and swallowed the rest. "How are you and Finn getting on?"

"Just fine, he's been more mature recently and does everything I ask him to immediately which is quite odd. Not that I'm complaining"

"You've got him wrapped around your finger. Too bad he's been whisked away by Tommy today or else you would've had him buying me a drink."

"Oh Esme you will not be drinking any time soon." Isabella laughed as the started her next drink.

Finn practically begged Tommy to help out with whatever he had planned. Tommy eventually gave in and said he can tag along with them but he wasn't to get involved at all, Finn wasn't happy with this proposal of course but he had to or else he wouldn't be doing anything at all.

As the day went on, the ladies found themselves more and more drunk by the hour and danced around in circles cheering on horses from the sidelines.

Isabella went to the bar to get herself a bottle of whiskey as her last drink. She sat on the stool patiently waiting for the bartender to return when she felt an icy feeling spill down her back. She turned around and saw a man no older than thirty-five with a now empty glass which he had spilt on her.

"Sbagli cosa diavolo stai facendo."
"You twit what on earth are you doing" she shouted. 

"Ma'am I'm so sorry, let me get you a towel please." he said, Isabella scowled and shook her head, he gave her his jacket and insisted she kept it and paid for her whiskey.

When Isabella shouted, it attracted the attention of five men sat nearby. Not because she shouted, but because of the language she shouted in. Isabella forgot that Finn told her not to speak in other languages at races or near others she didn't know. But she carried on her day forgetting the situation.

As Isabella looked around trying to find her other's she felt a tap on her shoulder. 

"You're looking for your friends?" a man said, he had a slight accent and twirled a cocktail stick between his teeth. She frowned and nodded. "Ah, I'm an old friend of Polly's, she told me to tell you they went up to the main building round the back to meeting the whole family, I'll walk you there?"

Isabella felt suspicious of the man, but she simply shook her head.

"I'm okay thank you, I'll find my own way."

She wandered towards the building, entering it instead of walking around. Once she was inside she strolled around looking out of windows to see any of the Shelby family but she didn't see anyone. 

She decided to go upstairs to get a better look and snuck past two guards who were distracted by a man smashing his glass on the floor. As she walked through what seemed the be the longest corridor she had ever walked down, a hand gripped around her mouth and many others grabbed her in various places over her body. She attempted to scream out and cry but the hand was too tight over her mouth for anyone to hear.

She was dragged into a large room open to the corridor and taken into a smaller room joining onto it. She was turned around and saw five men who looked almost identical. Two of them kept strong hold of her arms and the other kept his hand tight across her mouth.