17

1928 - The Betting Shop
Saturday 14th February, 2:34pm

The girls were packing their things up, wanting to have some girl time at the Garrison before everyone went out with their loved ones for valentines day. Isabella sipped on a tea Polly made her and ate her fourth slice of Jam on Toast of the day. 

Ada had come back from London for a week, she decided to spend some time with her family and had gotten to know Isabella a bit more. They were fond of each other, not close, but they trusted one another.

"What's your plan for tonight Esme?" Linda asked Esme. Esme shrugged her shoulders in response.

"Few drinks at the Garrison, go home, make sure all the kids stay asleep. Sex, lot's of sex, not too much I can't have another kid." she replied.

"Esme you can't get pregnant with another child when you're already pregnant." Polly sighed. Isabella swallowed the last bit of her tea and placed it onto the middle of the table.

"Fuck it then, a lot of sex." Esme nodded to herself.

"Well Arthur said he would take me out, somewhere nice, posh." Linda smiled. "What are you doing with Finn, Bella?"

"Probably just eating jam on toast all night, worse than I was when I got pregnant." Ada laughed.

The girls chuckled slightly as Isabella took the last bite of her toast.

"I don't know what's gotten into me, I'm not pregnant that's for sure." Isabella said with a smile.

Ada looked over at Polly who was staring into the bottom of Isabella's tea leaves, she looked up at Isabella with a worried expression and Isabella frowned at the action. Polly stood up and pulled Isabella up next to her.

"Pol what are you doing?" Isabella laughed. Linda, Ada and Esme shared a look between each other, Polly had done the same thing to them before and nine months later they had a child.

Polly placed her hand underneath Isabella's boob making Isabella frown even more at her and looked across at everyone.

"I think you are." Polly said.

"What?" Isabella questioned

"Congratulations Bella, you're going to have a baby."Polly exclaimed, everyone began to clap their hands and cheer but Isabella had the same confused look on her face.

"I can't be, surely I'm not."

"Yes you are, the tea leaves, the eating. It's a good thing." Ada reassured her.

"What am I going to tell Finn?" Isabella panicked. She didn't want a baby, well she did, but not now, not for a long time.

"Tell him tonight, have a night in the house just you two." Polly said. Linda nodded and agreed with her.

Isabella was terrified. She thought Finn might get scared and run off, or he wouldn't take it well. She was more scared on how she would tell him. What would she say? She wasn't ready for this, but she had to be.

Isabella followed the girls to the Garrison, linking arms. They decided not to tell anyone until after Isabella and Finn had left so their moment would be special. Isabella sat next to Finn with her arm linked with his. She rested her head on his shoulder. She wanted the ground to swallow her whole. 

At 7:25pm, they decided to go home and spend the night together. They walked slow and kept their arms linked together. Finn held onto Isabella tightly, telling her all the things he did at Charlie's Yard throughout the day. Isabella listened to him, every word he said.

Once they got home, Finn ran into the kitchen telling her to wait in the living room and she sat on the edge of the sofa.

"Come in now." he shouted. She walked through slowly and saw the dining table pulled into the middle of the kitchen, there was a small bouquet of what looked like hand picked flowers and a couple candles at the side. "Happy valentines day Bella."

Isabella smiled and jumped into Finn's arms. He was affectionate and loved little things like this. He loved the impress her. She cuddled him tightly and kissed his cheek. He pulled out a chair for her and pushed it towards the table once she sat. He placed a chicken dinner in front of her and one in front of him. 

They dug into their meals straight away, chatting about anything and everything. They weren't strangers anymore, there was still plenty of stories to tell but they knew each other better than anyone else knew them.

"Charlie and Curly helped me. Cook the meal. I didn't have a clue and wanted it to be perfect for you." Finn told her, he began to ramble on about what they did and how they made it. He said he told Curly to keep it warm and bring it here at a certain time so it was ready to eat when they got back from the Garrison. As he continued to talk Isabella felt uneasy, she had to tell him she was pregnant.

"Finn." she stopped him. He hummed in response, "I'm pregnant." No reaction, he looked at her. "Finn?"

"Really?" he asked.

She nodded and he smiled. He stood up out of his seat pulling her up. 

"It's early but it's perfect." he grinned. He pulled her close towards him and kissed the top of her head. "We'll make it work."

"It feels like we only got married last week." Isabella said, he nodded and held her close to him.

"It's our child, hopefully a boy. Doesn't matter, boy or girl. I'll love them the same." Finn said.

Isabella felt relieved, she didn't expect it to go like that. It wasn't a big reaction but it was sweet and caring at the same time. She was grateful for Finn, and how kind he was. They both knew stuff would go wrong soon but they also knew they could get over it. They loved each other and that's all that mattered.