Chapter-11_Arrangements

Days passed, it was finally the time for the fest. Entire Dwarka was decorated like a bride - flowers, lanterns , fountains, colors and what not. It looked like a piece of heaven on earth. Only a day was left till all the royal families arrived Dwarka for the grand festival.

"Why don't you keep these flowers there! Yeah! all good..." Subhadra instructed the handmaids.

"Subhadra! Here you are, come have dinner sweetie, the handmaidens will look after this decoration!" Radha said with concern.

"Bhabhi! I'll be there in some time, don't wait for me! And yaa no ifs and buts...once I'm done with this, I'll have my dinner!" Subhadra said.

"Okay sweetie! But don't skip your meal!" Radha instructed.

"I won't Bhabhi!"

The arrangements were done but it was already late, Subhadra thought of having dinner but she thought of resting because it was already very late and she was tired too.

She walked in her room, removed her jewelry and laid down on the bed. She tossed on the bed in order to find a comfortable position but she wasn't able to sleep. She got up from her bed and went to the balcony and sat there, staring the moon. 

Her entire body jerked with shivers when a hand fell on her shoulder. She turned around to find Kanha standing there with a plate in his hand.

"Bhrata! You here at this hour? What's the matter?" Subhadra questioned.

Kanha didn't reply. He smiled and sat down beside her, took some kheer in his hands and extended his arm to feed his beloved sister. Subhadra smiled, she understood that he knows that she hadn't eaten her dinner. She gulped down the food as Kanha fed her with his own hands.

After she had eaten, Kanha inquired if she still wanted some more to eat. Subhadra nodded with a No. 

"It's late Subhadre! Now sleep- I don't want you to look tired tomorrow! Shubh ratri!" Kanha instructed, followed by a yawn.

Subhadra smiled and said "Shubh ratri Bhrata!"

Kanha proceeded to his room, Subhadra laid down on her bed again but this time she didn't have to toss. She just smiled expressing her gratefulness to God for having a brother like Kanha and then indulged in the world of dreams.

*************************************