Chapter 3- NOT YOUR CUP OF COFFEE

The morning slowly crept upon the household. The sky was a pastel blue, the clouds pink like cotton-candy. The sun was creeping behind the palm trees, its glare beaming inside the the guest bedroom, which casted its light onto Lia's eyelids.

Lia had slept like a damn baby. She never woke up once; just a dreamless snooze with no distruptions. She was astonished, because usually she woke up in the middle of the night due to her blocked nose or Evan's irritating snoring. That night, however, was different. Refreshing.

She blinked a couple times, rolling over to avoid the sun's beam. She reached for her phone to check if Evan contacted her. Nothing. No notifications whatsoever. She rested her cheek onto the gray sheets, adjusting her stomach to lay flat onto the mattress. It soon clicked to her that she was at Chris and Vi's house. Part of her was repentant about disrupting them in the early hours of the morning, but then again they most likely had nothing better to do.

She knocked herself in the head, scolding herself for thinking such a thing. Her legs reached the floor, which felt like wet spaghetti noodles. She reached a hand to the ledge for balance, making her way towards the mirror.

Lia poked at her lips, appraising her puffy eyes. She didn't want to return to her house. She felt comfort in their house. It wasn't just a house to her, but more like a home. She tapped her foot, the scent of coffee qualing under the doorway. She exhaled, making her way towards the kitchen.

"Good morning," Vi greeted enthusiastically. She set her mug down onto the table, removing the dining mat. "Would you like some coffee?"

Lia smiled, rubbing her eyes. Evan would never prepare anything like that for her. In fact, Lia had to prepare everything herself. Having somebody else prepare coffee in the morning was a pleasant change.

"Yes, please," Lia cheered leaning against the couch. Chris was devouring a breakfast burrito, sitting at the far edge of the table. She glanced at him, and after a few moments he exchanged a glance.

"Would you like cream?" Vi asked, looking over her shoulder at Lia.

"Oh, no thank you."

Chris sniggered.

"What's so amusing?" Lia questioned foxily, her back pressed against the countertop. He took a giant bite of his burrito, motioning for her to forget it. Lia rolled her eyes.

"Again," she started, fondling with her choker. "I do appreciate you both letting me crash here last night. I'm sorry if there was any inconvenience--"

"No, no!" Vi waved her hands. "No inconvenience. We actually could've used the company. Plus, the puppy seems to love when you come over." She pointed down at the corgi, who sat staring up at Lia with a flapping tail.

Lia smiled, bending down to pet him. She had gotten the dog for them both years back. Chris and Vi truly meant a lot to her. Vi was like her other sister...and Chris was like the grit between her bathroom tiles. However, she supposed she loved him, too. She stood back up, Vi handing a mug of coffee to her.

"About tonight," Vi started, pulling a chair out to sit. "What time is it happening?"

Lia froze. She didn't exactly plan a time...or place, or actually inform the others about the planned drifting. She made her way to the table with Vi and Chris, sitting across from them with a steaming cup of coffee.

"Actually," Lia replied. "I'm not sure. I haven't really decided."

"You haven't decided?"

She blushed, picking at the string of her croptop. She felt like such an idiot. Why would she say that?