Chapter 12- NETFLIX, SAMOSAS, BLUEFIN TUNA

NOTE: Hey, to those who have gotten this far! I hope you're enjoying it. I promise you, Chris and Lia will eventually spark a romance--and it'll be worth the slowburn!

I apologize for the last couple of chapters being so late. I've been stuck with schoolwork and family issues. But, the 13th chapter is in progress! And it won't be too long before we have a romance in our hands ;)!

Anyway, enjoy your read!

9:02 AM

Have you ever heard of the saying, "hitting rock bottom?"

That's exactly how Lia felt. Except add extra rocks... and layers and layers of horse shit onto it. Then, let a homeless person piss onto it. Sounds like a fun time, right?

The morning sunlight peered into the window brightly. Too brightly. How bright did the fucking light have to be? Of all days, it had to brighten the whole goddamn civilization of Phoenix.

Her eyes remained closed. There was a slight 10 seconds of comfort she felt--until it crumbled into pieces when everything kicked in, including the horrific feeling she anticipated to be a hangover.

She dug her face into her pillow as far as she could, wishing she could rewind everything. Take everything back. Return to Evan and her dogs and call it even. No more fights. Nothing would go wrong between them ever again if she could've just returned home.

Lia's eyes slowly opened. She squinted, blinking a few times to register everything. Looking out the window, the sky was a perfectly clear blue. How ironic.

She rose up slowly to make sure she didn't pass out. Hearing a man's grunt beside her, she quickly jerked back. She had completely forgotten Chris was there.

He was still sleeping. God, did he look disgusting. Hangovers were not pretty on him. Then again, she couldn't be saying anything. She knew she looked like hot dogshit.

Waiting until the room stopped spinning, she got to her feet, making her way towards the desk where she figured she left her phone. The only things on it were Chris's keys, some kind of butterscotch candies, and folded towels.

Lia sighed. She wasn't in the mood to scramble around the room to look for her phone. Especially with a sleeping elephant in the bed. She scanned around, finally locating it. It hid under the comforter that dangled from the corner of the bed. She grabbed it, instantly checking her notifications, before noticing it was at 8%.

Damn it.

She made her way towards the outlet, stealing Chris's charger and plugging it in. She heard slight grunts while he slept, and to each one she rolled her eyes. She sat against the wall, rubbing her head.

Opening a text from Ranya sent shortly after they left, she had to reread it a few times before responding. Her mind was barely functioning.

"Where'd you go?" The text read.

Apparently Mariah never gave Ranya the message that they had left.

"We were both tired. Staying at a hotel. Call me when you get the chance." She replied, watching the blue message send.

She set her phone down. There were no messages from who she really wanted--Evan. Why hadn't he spammed her phone by texting her, calling her a gazillion times, or even going as far as finding her location and driving to her? Was he really fine on his own at the house? That idiot was probably fucking a bunch of others floozies.

She cackled. Even she knew that wasn't true.

It was all silly. She decided Evan just needed some time to cool off. It had only been a day. Everything would be fine.