Chapter 11- EARTH CAKES, INFLATABLES, BUTTERSCOTCH

The legs of the table in the storage room shook with every boost of the music's bass. Not that the two were anywhere near the music, considering the fact it was rooms away. They had just been in the way back of the building.

The time pushed two o'clock in the morning, and the night seemed to only be getting started. The air had went from smelling like musk and sweat to ash trays and bourbon. Red silicone cups and several corks were scattered across the floor.

"Holy shit," Lia spoke.

She was shitface drunk. Drunk. Both her and Chris. She couldn't be drunk; not then. Neither of them had ever drank in their life! What would Mama think? She'd be too disappointed. One cup of liquor became two...then three, then multiply that by two. Eventually, some mexican eggnog even made its way into the picture.

"Tell me about it..." Chris mouthed, staring off at the wall with a bottle of rum in his right hand. His coarse hair had wetted at the front strands from sweat. He cleared his throat, noticing the bottle in his hand. His reaction delayed; but eventually his eyes widened which soon followed by a "woah..."

"Where'd that little stinker come from?" Lia slurred, giggling as she reached for the bottle with a few grunts. She sniffed, not being able to grasp the bottle.

Chris sat still, watching her struggle. The ground remained vibrating, the table still shaking.

"Why's there lots of earth cakes?" Chris garbled, gazing at the ground. There was a silence before Chris wheezed, pointing to his mouth. Lia laughed as well, moving forward to playfully slap his arm.

"Did you hear that?" He asked through laughs, to which Lia nodded humorously. "I said earth cakes! I meant earth...earth ca--earthquakes..."

"Too good..." Lia spoke with a goofy grin. "Too...hey!" She pointed at his stomach, her expression immediately turning. She lost all color in her face, her mouth agape. "...You're pregnant."

Chris, convinced by her words, frowned in shock. He glanced down, feeling his stomach.

"Oh my God..." he whispered.

"Chris! You're pregnant!"

"I'm pregnant!" he cried, his words slurring. "How many months in have I even been?"

Lia shrugged, examining his huge stomach.

"Like... twenty or somethin'..." she mumbled, soon fascinated by what she was examining.

"I wonder what..." Chris started, but soon paused in thought. A grin crept along his face.

Lia stared at him, waiting for an answer.

He laughed.

"You are so Lia, funny...or--I mean--funny, Lia," he started, his eyes hazy. "Men can't be pregnant."

"Who said you were a man?" Lia asked genuinely, fighting off hiccups.

"Wait a minute... you're right."

Lia nodded, yawning. From the floor, she slid up against the wall. She picked at the string from her shorts.

"Are we gonna be in trouble?" She asked, watching herself fondle with the string. She pouted, fighting the burning feeling of liquor and what-not in her stomach.

"Trouble?" Chris asked moments later, his response delayed.

"My mama doesn't want me touching any kind of alcohol," she finally spoke, letting out a sigh. "Please don't tell her."

"...I'm gonna," Chris said.

Lia sprung up, frightened.

"Please!" she begged, stumbled on the floor to lay her hands on his thighs. "Please don't. She'll be so mad."