Chapter 6- ANGELS, ROMANCE, AND NAKED DANCING

The sun began to sink; slowly enough to keep the Arizona sky beautifully blue, but quickly enough for the sun's beam to become overcast with the atmosphere. The wrinkled roads flowed through all of Pheonix; which was perfect for all five of them to drift on that night. Blurred cacti could be seen as the cars whipped past them. The dry heat became more damp as the three raced towards Mariah's house.

Chris laughed to himself, turning his vision towards the apex point. He began to introduce his acceleration was again, double-taking his rear mirrors to see a coral-colored Chevrolet Corvette yards behind him. He jerked the steering wheel, braking to minimum capacity as Ranya and Lia caught up. They pulled up to his left, Lia sticking her head out of the window with her middle finger distinct in front of his face. Chris rolled his eyes.

"I told you both that you'd lose," He shouted, the coral-colored car's music breaking the transonic barrier. His arm rested against the door as it hung out of the window. He wiped his forehead with the back of his other hand. Ranya revved her car.

"What?" Lia shouted, her eyes scrunched.

"I said," Chris yelled louder, peering his head out of the window as his stubbly beard humidified. "I told you both that you'd lose!"

"What?"

Chris gave up, soon sticking his head back in the car.

"You're a bimbo with plastic ears. That's what," he mumbled in displeasure, resting his right hand onto the steering wheel as he drove. The racing was over. Chris had enough of constantly winning against them. A smile crept upon his face.

Lia stuck her head back in Ranya's car in defeat. She shifted in her seat, resting her hand on the reverse gear. Lana Del Rey blasted in the car, her vocals settling Lia. She tapped her nails, resting her eyes in reverence. The sunlight reddened her vision as they drove. Ranya scowled, darting her eyes towards Chris's vehicle.

"Moron," Ranya mumbled, darting her eyes back to the road in front of them. Lia breathed out, her eyes remaining closed. "What did you see in him?"

The girl went rigid, her smile softening as she stared at Ranya cynically. Ranya turned towards her as well, her expression completely blank as both of her hands steered the wheel.

"What did I see in him?" Lia repeated her ridiculous question sternly. Her eyebrows narrowed as her rabbit teeth appeared vague in her mouth. Her hands rested onto her lap.

"Well, yes. Before," Ranya answered innocently and turned the radio down, which did not aid Lia whatsoever. "Before him and Vi had just started to date. Mariah and I used to think you carried a little torch for him." She winked.

"I've never seen anything in him like that."

Ranya sneered, a dry chuckle escaping her as she returned her eyes to the road. There was a silence. What made her think that she ever liked Chris romantically? They were close friends. Besides, Lia was in love with Evan...at least she thought she was. Their whole situation confused her majorly.

"You cannot tell me that you've never had the hots for Chris," Ranya jeered.

Blood immediately rushed to Lia's head as her eyes widened.

"Ranya!" She blurted with a titter, covering her fiery face to conceal the obvious blush that stood out. She dug her nails into her cheeks.

Her sister examined her, giving out a hearty laugh. Lia composed herself after moments to see her younger sibling staring at her with a deceitful grin on her face. She blushed once more.

"Come on," Ranya teased, poking her in the ribs. "Admit it."

"There's nothing to admit!" Lia laughed in embarrassment. The woman was also quite vexed; she didn't want Ranya to think she ever though of Chris in such a way. She dug her face in the palm of her hand which rested onto the inside of the door.