𝓩𝓪𝓷𝓮

Zane stepped off the bus and squinted in the sunlight. So this was the place called Mystreet. It was...cheery. At least his family wouldn't suspect him of being here, since he was the moody, dark kid. He adjusted his mask and jumper while checking that his hair covered his blind eye. He wasn't the same person anymore. No more playfulness, begging, doing favors, or trying to make friends. He was older and more mature now. This could be a new start, though hiding his power might be a problem. Even though he could stop it from hurting anyone, sometimes signs of it would come out. But worrying about that later, now he had to hurry to his new home before anyone noticed him and tried to start a conversation. He had purchased a white, small house to live in, which he had already paid someone to decorate. He spotted another bigger house next to it, which showed signs of occupants. Great, neighbors. At least he hoped they weren't social. He hurried to the house, fumbling for the key in his pocket and opening the door. The person had done a nice job, putting the navy blue carpet in the living room with the sofa and TV for when he watched(as much as he hated to admit it) my little horsies. His room was quaint, and the kitchen was acceptable, though he would have to internet shop later. He unpacked his bags and took his mask off, flopping on the bed and checking the time. It was 3 pm, so he might as well go for a run. Zane put his mask back on and changed into his running clothes and was about to open the bedroom door when he noticed a picture frame on top of a drawer. He picked it up and stared at it. It was a picture of him and his family, which brought back memories of before he found out about his power, and when life was good and happy for him. Right before he, Garroth and Vylad went into high school.

Flashback

"Zane, hurry up!", Vylad called. "Mom wants to take a picture of us before we go to school!"

"Coming!", Zane called, smiling. He hurried downstairs and found his two brothers standing with his mom, Zianna in the middle of the living room.

"My boys are already in high school,", Zianna said tearfully. "It seems like yesterday when you were all playing with ABC blocks and watching My little horsies."

"Mom!", Garroth protested. "Don't be sappy! Also, Zane still watches the show, you know."

Zane sent his brother a playful glare. "And you keep breaking doors with your power.", he accused.

Vylad laughed. "He does. And he pays for it every time."

"Come on kids!", their mother said cheerfully. "Let's take that picture!"

Garroth put his arm around Vylad and  Zane while cracking a joke that made the siblings smile. Zianna snapped the picture and copied three, giving it to each of them. "Perfect!", she said happily. "Now, off to school, shoo!"

When the three boys arrived at the school, more than a few girls looked their way which made Zane slouch a bit since he was the shy one. The first day flew by, with his brothers making a few friends. He was just about to leave the last class of the day and meet with his brothers when a hand slammed on Zane's desk, making him jump a bit. A boy with deeper blue eyes than him was standing over him.

"Um, hello?", Zane said nervously. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, nerd.", the boy sneered. "Since you did so well in math and science class, you can do my homework."

"No thank you,", Zane shot back. "I don't do things for brats."

The boy clenched his fists. "Do you know who I am?", he hissed.

"Um, no.", Zane replied.

"I'm Gene, the leader of the shadow knights, you idiot.", he said, leaning into his face. "And I will not hesitate to use my shadow power on you, nerd."