Ch-4 Sit at back!

This is the story of me and my friends with whom I befriended and enjoyed my University life with so many memories of sweet-caring-supportive, crazy-crack heads and the rollercoaster ride of the university student life.

**************************

Girl's POV

I feel nervous and excited at the same time. I asked the directions to go to my classroom from a teacher, and he helped me too, but now I think I am lost. Oh no! What should I do now? Should I go back to him or follow this hallway until I find someone for help?

I was lost in my thoughts when I finally saw a class at the end of the hallway and saw a girl outside walking out of it.

"Hi, is it room A102?" I asked her. "Yes, it is!" She said and took the stairs beside the class to go upstairs. 'Great, I finally found it.' I mumbled to myself and entered there. As I entered, I saw two girls sitting there.

"Hi!!!" One girl greeted enthusiastically with a smile on her face.

"Hello!" I replied to her with a smile. "Hi!" I said to the girl sitting beside her. "Hey!" she replied in a low but audible voice. I was about to sit beside them, but they stopped me and told me to sit ahead (On the second desk in the column.) of them, where a bag was kept. So, I sat there we introduced ourselves to each other.

"Hi, my name is Aayushi, and you?" Aayushi said with a smile.

"I am Toshika. Nice to meet you. And you?!" I replied and asked while pointing to the girl sitting beside her.

"... I am Sulagna... Nice to meet you too." She replied while giving me a soft smile.

"So... Are you local or from another city?" Aayushi asked hesitantly.

"No, I am not local. I am from another city called Kalka. What bout' you?" I asked her casually.

"That's great!!! I am also from Kalka!" She replied excitedly.

"And what about you?" I asked, looking in the direction of the girl sitting beside her.

"I... came from a different state..." She replied hesitantly.

"Which STATE?" Aayushi and I asked unitedly.

"Odisha!" She replied.

"Wow, that's great!" I replied happily. "By the way, you two are sitting together, so whose bag is this?" I asked, pointing at the bag beside me.

"Oh, this!" Aayushi replied, pointing to the bag. "This is of Muskan if I recall her name correctly. You might have seen her outside the class a moment ago." She replied while thinking for a while.

**************************

"Hello!" A girl said, entering the class confidently.

"Hi!" Toshika replied with a smile. "You are?" She asked.

She came and sat beside Toshika. That's when Aayushi said, "You were asking me who is the person sitting beside you. See, she is the one." 

"Hi, I am Muskan and you?" She asked.

"Hello, I am Toshika." She replied with a smile.

"And she is from Kalka, isn't it great?!" Aayushi said with a smile.

"Where are you from?" Toshika asked from Muskan.

"Oh, I came from Parwanoo. So we are going to be desk mates for today." Muskan said with a smile.

The four girls just looked around the class to find it was still empty. 

"It looks like we came earlier today!" Toshika said whisperingly to the girls, and they nodded.

A few moments later.

Their class is filled with students, except where Toshika, Muskan, Aayushi, and Sulagna are seated. The first teacher came into the class and introduced himself to the class.

"Hello! I am Mr. Phane, your physics professor. So, as we all know, today is your first day of university, so let's start with the introduction first. How about boys sitting near the window column begin with their introduction?" Sir said with a smile.

(The layout of the classroom is simple. A column of two students' benches is aligned with the window, another column is placed with the wall beside the door, and the center column of six students' desks has been placed. In front, a wooden platform was built on which the teacher's podium was set. So, in total, there were three rows in the classroom.)

One by one, boys began to give their intro to their new classmates, while four girls were waiting for more girls to come into class.

"Do you think more girls will be arriving, or are they running late?"  Toshika asked in a whisper from Muskan.

"I think they are going to be late today. " Muskan replied while looking toward Professor, to which Toshika just nodded.

"Guys?!"  Aayushi whispered.

Toshika, Muskan, and Sulagna turned their head toward Aayushi in question.

"If more girls come, don't let anyone sit at the front desk!" Aayushi said.

"Why?!" Muskan asked.

"Because there is something inside the desk?" Sulagna answered.

On this, Muskan and Toshika turn toward that thing to look. "Oh, you meant by that napkin thing? But what can it be?" Toshika asked.

"A diaper?!" Sulagna answered with confusion clearly showing on her face.

"Wait, what?!" Muskan asked.

"I think it's something else. How could a diaper come to the university when no baby is around?" Toshika said while trying to figure out what that thing was.

Muskan sighed and said, "Let's see what will happen next?"

On this, Aayushi and Sulagna nodded.

Five minutes later.

Two girls came and asked permission from the teacher to enter the class and entered. They were about to sit on the first bench when Muskan said, "No! Don't sit here. Take a seat at the back."

They frowned and went to the back. Another two girls came and were again sent back to have a seat at the back of the class. One by one, five girls came and were sent back by Muskan.

"Hello, Sir! I am Toshika, and I came from Kalka." Toshika said confidently as it was now her turn to introduce herself in front of the class.

Mr. Phane nodded and signaled Muskan to speak. "Hello, Sir! My name is Muskan, and I am from Parwanoo." Muskan said, done giving her introduction with confidence.

"Hello, Sir! My name is Sushree Sulagna Barik, and I came here from Odisha, currently, I am living in Baddi." Sulagna introduces herself nervously.

"Good morning, Sir! I am Aayushi and I came here from Kalka." Aayushi introduces herself with a lively smile on her face.

And the introduction goes on to the last five girls.

"I think I am sounding rude right now!" Muskan whispers to her new friends. 

"No, why do you think so?!" Aayushi asked in whispers.

"Because I was sending them to sit at the back and didn't let them sit in the front bench while they wanted to sit here," Muskan explained.

Toshika made an 'o' face and nodded. 

"May I come in, sir?!" A girl asked from the door as she was late. Professor just nodded. As she entered, she scanned the class and was about to sit on the first desk when Toshika interrupted, "No! Don't sit here. Sit somewhere else." Panicking, the girl nodded and went back to the backbenches to find a seat to settle down.

Now, the teacher, who had seen everything that happened, walked towards them and asked nicely, "Why didn't you let anyone sit on the first bench? Is someone who is not present here already occupying this seat? Are you keeping it for someone who will come soon?"

"Sir........"

*************************