39 - Poison Ivy's Hideout

The day had passed. Well- Almost.

Oliver applied for a change of name and put me in the family registry. Obviously, it was not completely official yet, but I was still happy. The fact that this was reality hadn't struck me yet. It felt like I was living my dream.

Oliver, Felicity, and the others were staying over tonight.

"Thank you, Mr. Wayne." I say, smiling and shaking his hand. "For what?" he asked, confused. "For reuniting me with my family. I won't even get angry at you for using my DNA without consent!" I say, happily.

Bruce looked shocked at the end of my sentence, but then he laughed. "No problem Marinette. After all, you're my niece now. Come over whenever you like." he said, waving it off. I walked towards my friends, who were waiting near the cars.

Speaking of, I hadn't gone to meet Damian yet.

Damian. I really wanted to meet him today. And after everything that had happened, I think I want to meet him even more. He made me forget all my worries. He's... addicting.

So what's stopping me?

"Alya!" I shout. "Catch." I throw my car keys at her, as she catches it right before it hits the ground. "What- THE HELL, MARI?" she shouts back, thanking god that the keys didn't break.

"Drive it home!" I shouted. "I'll be back!" I said, running towards the Manor's door, which Bruce just shut. Shouts of protest followed me, but I didn't pay it any mind. I tried to pull it open, but it was locked. Damn it! I don't have the time, nor the patience, to wait.

I run towards the side of the Manor, trying to locate Damian's room. Picking up a rock, I sharply throw it on what I think is Damian's window. There was no response. I chucked another one, which landed on the glass with a loud clunk.

"DAMIAN!" I shout, trying to get his attention. I picked up one more rock and threw it as hard as I could. Just before the rock hit the glass, the window swung open. The rock flew in, missing the person behind it in inches.

"What the hell?!" shouted Damian, who was shocked at the sudden attack.

He then looked down, his eyes landing on me. "...what are you doing here?" he asked after spotting me. "Hey! Uh-" I started, although I didn't know what to say. Spitting whatever comes to mind, I ask a random question.

"Do you wanna go back to Ivy's place?"

.......

The moon shone quite brightly tonight.

The steady breeze blew past us and into the navy-blue tinted sky.

Me and Damian stood silent under the stars, neither of us shivering in the cold. I guess being a superhero does that to you. Maybe one day, we can break free from our lives and enjoy the breeze for what it is.

"Damian... are you really not going to say anything?"

I spoke without thinking, shattering the silent bliss around us. I really didn't want to, but none of us had spoken a single word on the way here or now either. The brunette turns to me, eyes filled with confusion, and at the same time, content.

The ride was painfully silent, and he hadn't even bothered to say anything, even when he handed me a helmet and we drove into the city.

I sigh, leading the conversation.

"Are we really not going to talk about what happened last Monday?" I ask, trying to get him to bring up the topic. But Damian was just as dense as the other guys. "What happened on Monday?" he asked, voice hoarse from not speaking for long.