~4~

Sonic felt out of place. More than out of place. Silver owned a small farm on the outskirts of the city with his partner; Mephiles. Shadow had walked him there a few hours prior and Sonic now found himself using his super speed, to the other's benefit, to tend to their large field. Mephiles was more than thankful for Sonic's help however and rewarded him with a large meal - which Sonic couldn't refuse.

The cyan-streaked hedgehog chuckled as his eyes locked on Sonic. "My, I'd never think a woman with such a voice would eat so sloppily." Sonic just laughed awkwardly, almost forgetting he was suffocating in a corset. "Apologies, I haven't had a full meal in awhile..." he explained - it wasn't even a lie, the hedgehog had settled on eating berries, grass, leaves or whatever he could for his past few months of being on the run.

The other's green eyes softened. "Would you like more?" Sonic shook his head greatfully "No thank you, I shouldn't eat such enourmous amounts when my stomach is so fragile. I'll try work my way back up to eating regularly" The other nodded in understanding and continuedneating his own share as Sonic took his dishes and washed them outside.

The now golden hedgehog walked back inside with a silver hedgehog following not too long after. Silver pecked his partner on the lips and greeted Sonic. "Hello Sonia!" He smiled. Sonic nodded back also bearing a smile. "I hope Mephiles didn't work you too hard! Shadow did tell me of how he asked for you to tend to our fields." Sonic shook his head with a smile as he placed his now clean dish in the cupboard. "Oh, no! I found it rather relaxing actually. I haven't been able to just relax and use my speed for something useful in quite some time."

Silver nodded along as he took his plate and sat down next to his husband. "Anyway, I would like to go out into town and explore, if that's okay." Silver nodded "Just please don't get lost. I don't think I'd be able to handle the stress." Silver joked. Sonic nodded along "I'm good with finding my way, don't worry!" He smiled before quickly walking out of the door and through the fields to get back into the town.

It wasn't too late in the afternoon however people were still lighting lanterns along the street and others were lighting even more candles in their windows. The now golden hedgehog tilted his head in confusion as he made his way around. Perhaps they just liked being prepared? Sonic couldn't really tell. He decided it would probably best to get some treats for Silver and Mephiles as a thank you.