~9~

After breakfast, the two set out to the armoury. Knight's usually only went there for weapon or armour repairs, replacements or sometimes just to talk to Amy - she was a very nice friend according to Shadow. It wasn't for any of those reasons however, Shadow had decided to donate most of their spare time to preparing Sonic for knighthood.

"I will warn you, Amy is very chatty." Shadow laughed. Sonic just shrugged "So am I." He reasoned, Shadow just tilting his head side-to-side in an 'I guess so' fashion.

When the two arrived in the armoury, Amy was busying herself with repairing a severely bent sword. "I'm guessing that's Knuckles'?" Shadow asked as he walked forward. The pink hedgehog jumped back and held the hammer, she was previously using to unbend the sword, up towards Shadow.

Amy sighed when she realised it was just Shadow. She walked back over to her station and continued her work. "You scared me." She explained through grumbles. "Sorry, Amy. You're never usually that jumpy." Shadow said, seemingly thinking out loud as he watched Amy carefully. "Is anything bothering you?" He asked. Amy shook her head, concentrating on the sword. "What brings you here?" She asked.

"Well, I was hoping we could get Sonia's measurements today so we don't have to mess around when she gets her citizenship." Shadow responded, pushing Sonic forward slightly, making the golden hedgehog jump. Amy smiled at Sonic. "I didn't see you, hello!" She greeted, her mood seemingly changing in an instant.

She did her best to tie back her short quills, leaving two on each side to cup her face, as she walked to the left of her till, the wall shielding her, before emerging from a nearby door with a piece of paper.

"Alright..." Amy trailed off as she looked at her papers and back at Sonic. "For your trials, you had medium female armour but a large male chest plate." Amy read out loud. "I can do the proper measurements today and better match you to some armour." Sonic nodded. "I can make your armour more male customed if you'd like." She offered, Sonic gulped.

"Is it more comfortable?" He asked, ruby eyes locked on emerald ones. Amy shrugged "Haven't tried it myself, but another female guard here prefers it much more - 'more roomy' in her words." She passivley said, raising both hands and bending two of her fingers as she quoted the guards words.

"We can see." Sonic smiled. Amy nodding in understanding before turning to Shadow, who had remained quiet. The ebony hedgehog was soon ushered out of the room by the pink hedgehog before Sonic was given a very revealing, probably skin-tight leotard.

"I apologise if you're uncomfortable - or getting the wrong idea." The pink hedgehog laughed nervously. "It's just the most modest way to get as accurate measurements as I possibly can." Sonic nodded, worry clearly evident on his features. "If it's uncomfortable, I can measure you in your dress but your armour may be as roomy as the training ones." Amy offered, a reassuring smile resting on her face.

Sonic smiled lightly. "I'd prefer being measured in my dress." Amy nodded, taking the leotard from Sonic and placing it on her already messy counter.

__________________________________________

After half an hour or so, Amy had gotten all the measurements Shadow had requested. Sonic had, of course, asked for male armour. Shadow clearly found this weird, but chose not to point anything out, possibly because it was a popular choice between female knights.

"So, what now?" Sonic asked the ebony hedgehog as they walked out of the armoury. "Well, we could train for a little while as I suspect there won't be any attacks. The celebration is comming up soon and so criminals will spend energy on planning." Shadow reasoned. Sonic nodded in response, knowing there was probably not another option.

"Lead the way." Sonic grinned, using his hand to indicate forward with a bow. Shadow just rolled his eyes. "Don't make me regret helping you, Sonia." He said lowly before walking forward.