Chapter 2

Giving it a lot of thought, Hyunjin decided he'll go. He had won against Park, if anything were to go wrong, there was nothing that a plan won't save him. Hence, he found himself waiting outside the gates of a seemingly posh building.

The moment his watch struck 5 pm, a man opened the gates and he was met by Jeongin's warm smile. "You came?" The excitement in his voice made Hyunjin cringe. He had heard of the company, "The Lil Fingers", a childcare product manufacturing company. Though behind the curtains, he'd heard, they were bounty hunters. They didn't bother to read the 'alive' in 'dead or alive'. They'd kill those who were wanted by the government and hand them over for a good amount.

Park had some serious issues with the owner of the company. One time, he'd shown Hyunjin and others, pictures of people working as bounty hunters for the owner of 'Lil Fingers'. That was the reason why Jeongin's face felt familiar to him back at the bar. However, the face of the owner was still a mystery to them. He doubted though, that bounty hunting was where they stopped. So, a warm smile was something Hyunjin least expected from such a cold-blooded person.

"Come, come," Jeongin gestured for him to come in. He was wearing a black silk suit, fitting his slim frame, over a white shirt and a black bow tie around his neck. His neatly combed hair were pushed back making him look older than his age. He brought Hyunjin to a big hall inside the building. By the looks of it, a formal party was happening. And if Jeongin's attire didn't make Hyunjin conscious of his simple outfit, the people clothed in lavish arrays did.

He was observing the place when Jeongin's voice gained his attention. He turned and saw another man standing beside Jeongin. As warm as Jeongin's facial features were, the man beside him looked just as cold. His brows were knitted together. He was digging him through his eyes making Hyunjin agitated.

"Hyunjin, That’s Minho. He will tell you everything. Just stay with him. I -", he waved in the air giving Hyunjin a small smile and then giving Minho a hard glare as a warning, he left the place.

Hyunjin watched him retreat when Minho's voice startled him. "Come."

They were walking at a slow pace, Minho introducing Hyunjin to some of their colleagues present at the party who were sitting in their chairs or ordering a drink. Minho was cold, but he was polite, Hyunjin made a mental note of it. When most of the necessary introductions were done, Minho initiated. "Those were most of our colleagues. I hope you are good at remembering names." He eyed Hyunjin.

Hyunjin gave him a mocking smile. "Our work depends on names, Mr. Minho. "If you forget, you die."

Minho narrowed his eyes at him. "How did you meet Jeongin?"

Hyunjin paused before answering, "Jeongin came to a club yesterday. I was there too..."

Minho nodded. Whereas, Jeongin's mention in the conversation reminded Hyunjin of his absence. He looked around and found him across the big hall, huffing in anger as he scolded three men who were standing in front of him with their heads lowered. Hyunjin frowned, wondering what was Jeongin's part in all this.

"Uhmmm," he said, still looking at Jeongin from the corner of his eye, "What do I have to do ? All these people look so ." he trailed off, glancing around.

Minho gave him a stern look and completed his sentence with, "decent?"

Hyunjin nodded silently. They had reached the bar by then, and so, they both took their seats, adjacently.

Minho ordered his drink and said to Hyunjin, "The people you met here are of no use. There is a meeting upstairs. Generally, you will work them."

Hyunjin tilted his neck, puzzled. "But. what work?"...

Minho took a deep breath. "Look, we haven't called you here for nothing ." His eyes turned unexpectedly cold. "You worked with that bastard Park? We learn everything about you. Then we sent Jeongin, to bring you here."

Hearing that, Hyunjin looked at him sternly too. "That's not what I asked ."

Minho scoffed. "It's simple. You must know about Dr. Choi, am I right?"

Hyunjin frowned. “The one who was In jail for organ trafficking? he was busted a few months ago."

Minho nodded, "Businesswoman Chaeyong is having a party at her farmhouse this Saturday" He bobbed his head in Jeongin's direction. "You and Jeongin will go there. Dr. Choi once used to work for our boss. He sold some secrets of our company to Chaeyong. We need to get these documents back at any cost. Be patient. You will know everything in detail at the meeting.

It didn't help. Though it solved some of Hyunjin's questions, it added more to his confusion. "What could be the connection between a childcare company and an organ trafficker?"

Minho looked at him, unimpressed. He said in a stony tone, "We just started selling these childcare products. Originally it was a  pharmaceutical company. After shutting it down three years ago, this company was started."

Hyunjin looked at him surprised. "Why?"

Minho gritted his teeth, having his drink. "Who knows."

Disliking his tone, Hyunjin gave him a look before his eyes started wandering around the hall, once again. He noticed Jeongin was constantly walking around the tables, checking up on each guest. Sometimes, scolding the minors too.

In curiosity, he turned toward Minho and said, "Is Jeongin the manager here.?"

Minho, who was enjoying his drink, kept the glass down and followed Hyunjin's gaze to look at Jeongin. He snorted. "Haha, Can say that."

Hyunjin was confused by his reaction, but he had already decided that the man Minho was one of the most confusing guys on the planet. Cold but polite. Attentive but not-bothered.

He erased the thought and said, "By the way, it means that a man like Jeongin would never go to a bar like that. How did you guys know I was there?"?"

Minho shrugged. "You have worked with a gangster. We got your history. We found out you drink. It was obvious that you would go to some bar."

"You won't have enough money. So you will save." He heard Jeongin's voice from behind and was surprised to see him. Jeongin continued with a smile." So we placed our bartenders in every affordable bar.” He paused for a second.  I don’t drink. I heard it’s bitter.” Jeongin said shuffling with his fingers. A sheepish smile dancing on his lips.

Minho stifled a laugh whereas remembering 'the regular, please", Hyunjin broke into a peal of laughter. "Bartenders especially? I mean you all could have disguised yourself?"

Jeongin chuckled. "Obviously. By the way.." his tone turned serious, suddenly. "The meeting’s bout to start. We should head upstairs.."