Chapter 11

It was seven in the morning when Hyunjin halted his car in front of the gates of a pearl-white mansion. There was a huge nameplate hung on the wall beside the gate that read 'Home'. Changbin, who had called him there, was already waiting for him at the gate, which was opened by a guard and Hyunjin was guided to park his car inside.

It's been a week since he last met Jeongin. He had been purposely ignoring him, after their last meeting. To say he was embarrassed was an understatement. He was a really tough guy and usually don't let his emotions flow. But everyone has some weakness.

Jeongin was the pink to his blue.

He was utterly happy when Changbin gave him a task. He wouldn't even need to justify himself this way.

When he got down Changbin was beside him in a second, motioning him to walk while giving him instructions at the same time. "I send the map of this house. You remember it?"

Hyunjin nodded as they passed through the front entrance and the security system locked the door behind them. He glanced around the area, taking in the design and remembering the blueprint Changbin had sent him two days ago. The interior was modern. It looked as if the place had recently been renovated.

"I am taking you to a room," Changbin said, taking the stairs. "You have to guard in front of it No one should come out of that room, nor should anyone go inside. Is that clear?" He looked at Hyunjin through the corner of his eyes and Hyunjin nodded again. "Windows?"

"Bulletproof. You don’t have to worry about anything. Just guard the door."

Hyunjin kept quiet after that, having understood what his job was. He didn't ask what was inside the room. If Changbin didn't deem it important enough to tell him, then he decided he didn't need to know. Changbin entered the corridor, followed by Hyunjin, and stopped in front of a door. "This one," Changbin said. "I’ll go now. Don’t move from here until I say so"

Not giving Hyunjin a chance to reply, Changbin left the place in a hurry. Hyunjin didn't bother either. He was clad in black and had his gun strapped to his waist, hidden under his shirt. His senses were alert due to the weight of the job, and attentive to his surroundings.

Five hours passed by in silence. Hyunjin had noticed that the only men he'd seen after entering the mansion were the guard at the gate and Changbin. It would've been strange but he was here to guard whatever was on the other side of the door. He'd assumed Changbin had removed everyone else from the house.

His hearing picked up slight rustling coming from the room and he inched closer to the door, placing his ear against the wood. He heard the sound of a door being closed and took back his stance. Fifteen minutes passed by and Hyunjin heard footsteps coming closer to the door. He leaned against it and waited for the person to act.

The handle was rolled down and the door was being pulled in, but it didn't open. Hyunjin realized Changbin must've locked it before leaving. The other person's efforts to open the door increased as they shook the door more violently.

"What the" The door was punched from inside and the person yelled, "Anyone here? Open the door!" And, oh, Hyunjin thought, oh no.

He stepped away because he recognized that voice.

It was both confusing and concerning to think Changbin put him on this job because the person behind those doors wasn't an outsider.

It was Jeongin.

Nice.

Meanwhile, Jeongin's cursing had gotten louder. He was calling for people Hyunjin assumed were the ones working here. But he hadn't seen anyone inside except the guards at the gate