Chapter 8

Today was different for Hyunjin. Today, Hyunjin was asked to sit and tell everything he knew about Park Li and his gang to a team assessed by Changbin and Minho. Initially, Hyunjin was hesitant because it would have meant betraying Park Li. Though, Minho snorted when he said it out loud.

"You have cheated him big by leaving his gang, Hyunjin." Minho had said.

Hyunjin had shrugged it off. Changing the topic, he asked Changbin why was this necessary. And when Changbin had explained they were going against Park Li and putting a stop to his violence, and that Hyunjin would get good pay for it, Hyunjin had thought 'Mhm, interesting'. He met the team of five that sat with him and complied with Changbin and Minho's request.

He spewed out all that he knew about Park, right from how they met – “I used to work alone before I heard of him. When it was clear he was a bounty hunter, I sorted him out and made my mark. That's how he took me in.” - to why he had left – “As years passed by, his hunger increased. I didn't sign up for any of it.”

He had slowly unraveled all the secrets of Park he had hidden from the world. Even as Park Li's face filled with rage danced in his mind, he hadn't stopped. Until the atmosphere in the room had turned absolutely cold and Changbin had placed his hand on Hyunjin's shoulder. Minho had only cracked his knuckles with a huge grin looking at the team with hopeful eyes as if the confession had given him a free pass to do as he likes and Hyunjin had thought- that was probably exactly what it was.

Changbin followed him down a second later, patting the top of my head, “It’s okay. It’s a part of your past now, Hyunjin," He had said, grimly, "We will see him..Of course you told us all this but you are safe here. Just so you know."

Hyunjin had nodded quietly with a smile but the scar on his chest ached in rebellion. Finally, he had excused himself from the room. Hurrying to the lift, he pressed the button that led to the terrace.

He slid open the terrace door and the smell of alcohol hit his nose, making him frown in confusion. He walked further and saw Jeongin leaning against the ledge, his head tilted back as he gazed at the sky. Hyunjin walked towards him, purposely making the sound of his footsteps to make his presence known.

Jeongin looked at him with a jerk and tried to hide the bottle  in his hands under his coat. He tried to smile at Hyunjin as he spoke, "Oh you're  here? No one comes here alot." His voice was shakey but he didn't look much drunk.

"You drink?" Hyunjin asked. "No," was Jeongin's quick response. Hyunjin almost laughed watching Jeongin look around awkward and embarrassed. "Chill. you didn't commit a crime."

Jeongin looked down in embarrassment. " It's just-" he shook his head. "Please don't tell anyone?" He looked at Hyunjin with fear and hope, making Hyunjin wonder how someone working in a field like theirs could be afraid to drink a fucking wine.

Hyunjin shrugged. "Okay."Jeongin let out a sigh and uttered a 'thank you'.They lapsed into silence, where now both were leaning over the parapet.

"By the way" Jeongin spoke after a long moment, "I really don't drink." Hyunjin raised his brow. "Jeongin, I said it's okay."

Jeongin sighed, restless. "It's my second time today. I just drank once before."Hyunjin slowly nodded. Jeongin rolled his eyes. "You don't care." Hyunjin shrugged. Jeongin shook his head, pushing himself back and forth as he held the wall.

Hyunjin smiled at that. "If it bothers you so much then why did you even do that "

"I am not habitual." Jeongin instantly said. "I told you it was my second time."

"Any problem?" Hyunjin asked. He had noticed earlier how worn out Jeongin looked. Now that he thought of it, he'd barely interacted with Jeongin in a while.