Chapter 13

Changbin watched Hyunjin go behind Jeongin and sighed. He glanced at Minho who was facing the floor, one hand holding a chair in a death grip while the other shook, which he then hid in his pocket.

Changbin's eyes softened. He pressed Minho's shoulder and said, "Don't take it wrong what he said, Minho. He is young."

Minho shook his head, " He didn't say anything wrong, Changbin. Why shouldn't he be worried, Changbin? I couldn't even save my family." He smiled bitterly. "So why should he believe that I can protect me or him if needed." He whispered the last words to himself.

Though by the way, Changbin's face twisted, one could tell he had heard them. "You are taking it wrong, Minho. He trusts you the most. But the fear of losing you is more."

Brows knitted to mask his emotions, Minho looked up at Changbin.

"You are angry with yourself." Changbin continued. " You hate yourself because you consider yourself responsible for all this. But do you know what is Jeongin sad about?"

Minho pursed his lips, nodding reluctantly. "With my work."

Changbin huffed. "Your way of doing work. There is a difference between them." He jerked his head, I hope you understand. I'm going. I have some work to carry out,"

Minho ignored him, unbothered to check if he had left or stayed. Instead, he quietly sank down in the chair he was previously holding and took out his phone. Skimming through his gallery, he came across a particular folder and found the picture he was searching for.

The happy faces of his parents brought a sad smile to his own face. In front of them, stood two kids. A seven-year-old Jeongin, trying with all his might to stretch to the height of his sixteen-year-old elder brother. A short chuckle escaped Minho, remembering Jeongin's pouty face and his complaints about how unfair it was that his elder brother was almost as tall as their father while he could barely even reach his waist.

Minho knew what the next picture was but he clicked on it anyway. And there was he, carrying little Jeongin on his shoulders, who was smiling brightly, comparing his height to his dad while the others laughed at his adorable actions.

Minho didn't know when the smile on his face vanished or when his vision completely blurred out his phone screen. He only sensed the utter quiet in the room and didn't stop himself when the first sob escaped his lips.

......

To Hyunjin's distaste, Jeongin had chosen to leave the car far off somewhere on the road and walk to the beach. He had left his blazer and shoes in the car, folded the sleeves of his turtleneck up to his elbows and his trousers a few inches above his ankles. He had looked over at Hyunjin's gun but didn't comment on it, which Hyunjin was grateful for. It was the only weapon they had on them in case things went sideways.

Jeongin happened to know the quiet parts of the beach, not too secluded to be wary of, but not crowded enough to disrupt their peace either.

While Jeongin decided to stop at a particular spot and went to stand in the water, the wind disheveling his hair and waves running over his feet, Hyunjin found a pile of rocks he could lay against. The shade of the rocks had kept the sand cool making Hyunjin sigh, relaxed. He knew Jeongin's guards were perched around, they were following both of them as they were ordered. So a little sleep didn't sound too bad to Hyunjin. Only, that little voice inside his head protested that it went against his morals and so, Hyunjin hissed, annoyed, forcing his eyes open.

He didn't have to make efforts to get up though, because Jeongin was already coming near him. He sat down beside Hyunjin and sighed in the same way Hyunjin had, before closing his eyes and relaxing against the rocks.