Chapter 6

The preparation began the very morning, and to Hyunjin's misfortune, it began with walking in heels. In all honesty, Hyunjin had seen such heels before. They looked like normal shoes from the outside but had an elevation on the inside. Felix was guiding him, helping him to walk, laughing every time at his dramatic fall. But it had been only an hour and Hyunjin's feet HURT!

Felix was very sweet. He didn’t see a single frown on his face, even though Hyunjin couldn’t even count how many times he did wrong.

Smiling patiently, Felix told him to rest for some time. He went to a corner and slumped against the wall, slowly sliding down to sit on the floor. His ears perked up listening to a loud ringtone coming from Felix’s phone.

“Oi Chenle…I…” Felix smiles while attaching the phone to his ear. He moved out of the room leaving him alone.

He was massaging his feet, mumbling curses when a shadow fell over him. It was Jeongin, standing right in front of him. Jeongin looked way taller than before, Hyunjin realized but had such a peaceful smile that Hyunjin was sure he must be habituated to wearing those odd shoes by now.

"Everything ok?" He asked politely.

Hyunjin scoffed, focusing on his foot sole. "Sure." He unintentionally smiled when he heard Jeongin laugh. His giggles made his heart flutter and he got confused.

"It’s okay. You will get used to it." Jeongin sat down beside him.

"I’ve been walking in these since morning. ." Hyunjin expressed his frustration. "Is there nothing else to do?"

Jeongin nodded thoughtfully. "Why not? You can do hand-to-hand combat with Changbin hyung?

"Be serious. It’s like sending a sheep to a slaughterhouse." Hyunjin immediately defended himself.

Jeongin smiled at his theatrical elaboration. "Don’t worry. Changbin isn’t a scary guy. He just can’t tolerate anyone looking down at him. Besides that, you look like someone who likes challenges and Changbin is the one.."

Hyunjin's face immediately lit up. "You always speak the truth.-" Their conversation was interrupted by the door opening with a bang.

"Jeongin!" They looked at the door and saw Minho charging toward them. Two men followed him, holding huge stacks of papers and files. Hyunjin frowned whereas Jeongin rolled his eyes.

"Jeongin." Minho pulled Jeongin up to make him stand who reluctantly complied. "You have a lot of work to do and you’re sitting there? If you can’t do then why do you take responsibility?" Saying so, he took the stack of papers from one man and handed it to Jeongin with great force, making Jeongin nearly go down due to the weight. Well, he almost did when Minho slammed the files over the papers. Bless Hyunjin for reacting immediately and supporting the weight.

Jeongin glanced at him and mouthed 'thank you' whereas turned to Minho in irritation. "You should have put them in my cabin. Why did you bring them here?."

"They WERE there." He replied, giving Hyunjin a scrutinizing gaze. "Since the morning. You haven’t read a single paper."

Jeongin noticed the way Minho and Hyunjin were glaring at each other and clicked his tongue. "Minho."

Minho looked at him and huffed. "I need all the files signed and the papers done this evening. Don't slack off."

He walked out of there, followed by his men. Jeongin eyed him, looked at the pile of papers in his hands, and sighed.

"He is a jerk. As if he is the boss here." Hyunjin gritted his teeth.

Jeongin shook his head, snorting softly. "uhm, can you please help me bring them to the cabin?"

"Sure," Hyunjin said. He murmured, "He literally brought two men with him and threw all the burden on you alone. Psycho."

Jeongin looked at him in amusement, hiding his smile, planning the many ways to mock Minho the next time they meet.

.........

Hyunjin underestimated Changbin, and he did. Chan was right when he said Changbin acts like a child but is quite dangerous. For the first time in many years, Hyunjin had found someone he could consider an equal. One moment of distraction, and Changbin would overpower him. That Hyunjin was sure of.

“Your techniques are so different," Changbin said with a smirk, breathing heavily. His lips were bruised and he was sporting a black eye.

Hyunjin smiled way too sweetly. "Or more upgraded?."

Changbin's smirk deepened and he attacked. Hyunjin smoothly side-stepped, blocking the fist with his right arm. And then Changbin was charging, aiming blow after blow, not giving Hyunjin any time to retract, but Hyunjin knows to fight. He's done it for years working under Park and even before. He was expertly blocking each punch, avoiding every strike and retaliating. Changbin's weakness, Hyunjin observed, was the more he failed to hit his opponent, the more it irked him. Hyunjin said so.

"Really?" His big bounty eyes bore into Hyunjin's who didn't know what to say. He expected irritation, not a surprise. "I …I will take care of that. Everyone was right. I thought I learned." He whispered.

Hyunjin didn't get to ponder over his words because he received a solid kick in the ribs. He gritted his teeth. Got to focus.

A few more kicks and punches were exchanged. Changbin mostly attacked and Hyunjin defended himself, attacking only when there was an opening, and then they were done for the day.

"By the way, your techniques are not that bad either."

Changbin laughed, uncapping his water bottle. "I said your techniques are different. Not that they are better than mine"

"Uhh, yah." Hyunjin smiled. "I thought mine were better."

Changbin gave him a challenging look but when Hyunjin returned it, they both ended up laughing.

Changbin was collecting his accessories, getting ready to leave. "Go get yourself together in the medical bay. You may come tomorrow if you want." He said. "but I have a gym session tomorrow. So no sparring."

"Sure, why not?" Hyunjin shrugged, already looking enthusiastic. "I would like to join you."

Changbin grinned, giving him a high-five. "done. Join me at noon tomorrow. After your session with Felix okay. Bye."

He waved at him and Hyunjin waved back. Although, hearing Felix's name he slowly lowered his head, gazing at his feet sympathetically.
....

Hi guys. Sorry i was a lil busy with my job and uni.
Please do vote and comment. it boost my confidence alot.